Chapter 165: Seon-Ho

"Oh really? What's this all about flying kites and having meals together, wife?" I interrupted with pure amusement at the sight of Yeon looking dumfounded and him...well he urinates on himself on the spot the moment he laid his eyes on me. He was shorter than I had remembered, and clearly all over the place. "Yeonnie...come over here" I mocked the controlling tone he was so convinced I used. Yeon looked over at me and smiled brightly as usual before walking up to me with her hands around my waist, her head on my chest and a kiss for me before I laid my eyes on that ant again. "So...my concubine has another man over in my property without my knowledge or permission." I started off slowly so I could see the fear in his eyes, as what I started against him was a crime punishable by a lot of things...but I already had one particular kind of punishment in mind. "And not just in my property...but in her bed? For hours on end? And as I understand it there was definite touching involved between the 2 unmarried parties? And now you seem to be making up baseless scenarios about my self and my wife? In the presence of our children?" At that moment he began to charge towards me but I pushed my wife out of the way and with one punch I had him on the floor.

At that point my precious children had woken up in confusion but Yeon rushed to them before they could witness the scene. But Hyuk stayed behind and came up to my side, putting his small hand into mine but I kissed him on the head and told him to go back to bed. I couldn't help but stare at him look at me in shock that I wasn't a...what did he call me? A predominant homo sapient? But before I could continue I heard Hyo-Sonn banging on our door just as erratically. I called out for Yeon who instantly ran to the door and took her inside in a separate room so I couldn't be heard. He didn't even blink when he heard her voice, which told me all that I needed to know as I spinning my plan mentally before putting it into action. But he spoke before I could continue "I've seen you around for a long time. I saw you watching her for years, following her. I heard how you chained her to your side. You...you stole her from me you bastard! You & Hyo-Sonn both took away all of my chances to court her, to spend any time with her by myself! She...she could have been my wife! And your children...her children...they could have been ours if she was mine!" He roared at me.

I felt my anger that my wife had helped me kept in check rise to dangerous new levels as I found my fists flying into his face before my son ran to my side again, his little face full of concern "father! Father! I know that man!" I threw a spare cloth we had lying around on his face so my son wouldn't be traumatised. I knew he was interested in the military but I want him to savour every second of this youth before he saw the side of the world. "What do you mean son?" I asked sharply. I swear to Buddha if anyone from our past disturbed my children..."Well Hana saw him first and told me about it. Then I saw him as well; he's been following mother around everywhere she goes, even in the palace" his eyes pleading with me to keep his dear mother safe. I had to take in a few deep breaths before I decided what to do but he continued "I know it's him father. I set a trap for him" he kept pulling on my sleeve. "I saw him peeking into your office in the palace when you're with mother. But you've been too busy for me to tell you. So I...I...." Hyuk looked a little guilty for the first time; my parental worry was going into overdrive "if you tell me now son I will not discipline you I promise. But you have to tell me everything so I can protect your mother" I made him look me in the eyes so he knew I was telling him the truth. Hyuk was a good kid...well he hasn't a saint around his cousins and he's been in enough trouble but it was more out of curiosity than bad intentions so I've never had to discipline him. As for Hana...well I spoilt her far too much to even raise my voice as her, despite her being as mischievous has her mother. But my children were well-aware of my reputation amongst my soldiers so they were right to be cautious around me.

"I...I stuck wooden picks in the side of your office door. If you look at his fingers, he must have cuts and scratches. A lot of them...and chalk on the floor. His shoes must be covered in them" as unhappy as I was that our expensive shoes were covered in powder, I could have kissed my son. Maybe my wife had a point; I worked hard for the power I had and I had to stop abusing it for my own personal problems...that was one of the reasons why I wanted to come into power in the first place to worm out the corruption of the Nobels, especially in the palace so no-one suffered in their hands like myself and Hwi. I looked over proudly at my son and told him that we would discuss this later...but I told him how proud I was and as a reward I was going to let him take a break in his routine and let him stay with his dear cousins for a while during all of the festivals all year round, which was his usual annual highlights. He gave me a little hug before running back to his mother.