Chapter 26: Seon-Ho/ Seo Yeon

I completely froze with my lips on top of her's not knowing what do to next; her reaction could make or break my recent fantasises I had about her...as if she had a choice. I realised it then and there as she was looking at me; not in disgust or horror as pretty much any other woman would do if went near them...she didn't even look surprised at all. She looked at me and our eyes connected and I swear...I swear on all things living that I felt the tip of her tongue drag against my lips as if she wanted a taste as well...I was hers now.

I almost fell back in shock at this before she started to open her eyes properly and started coughing, asking for water. I did not take my eyes off of her for a second as I ordered that mindless maid to come back and serve her the water. She seemed reluctant at first, causing me to become suspicious. I helped Yeonnie up who still hadn't asked what I was doing in her room so late at night and so close to her...or maybe she was still too sickly to question me in her present condition. After what seemed to be an age the servant finally made her way to us slowly as she handed her the bowl of water. But at this point my senses were on full alert...and I snatched the bowl from Yeonnie's hands and took a good whiff of the water in horror; there was hellebore in the water. If someone washes their face with it, it will produce hives...if they drank it, it was poisonous.
With one hand I held Yeonnie in my arms and with the other I flung it onto the servants face in anger after I ordered her to come closer to us. I then ran up to her and cover her mouth so nobody could hear her scream, I could not risk waking up the entire household. Yeon tried to stop me but I was just so taken aback in anger that anyone would want to try and harm someone so innocent that I was lost in my own rage...it was only until Yeon somehow managed to wrestle from my grip in her sickly state and almost ended up on top of me that I didn't even notice I was almost choking the servant. We all collapsed onto the floor but my first thought was to collect Yeonnie who had already crawled to the servant to cover her mouth until she had calmed down. I was worried about her health so I grabbed her and placed her onto my lap without really thinking about it, I was just in panic mode about not waking up my father.

"Oroboni...why did you do that to her? Why did you throw my water in her face?" She asked me weakly as we both looked on at the servant who was still choking from my hold on her. Normally I would try to keep everything from her to protect her...but if I wanted her I had to break that habit and start tying to be honest with her "this bitch tried to poison you with hellebore in your water" I replied menacingly to the shock of the bitch who tried to run away but I caught her by there legs as I dragged her across the floor and I tied her up with some of the ribbons I had bought for Yeon. I looked back at Yeon only to find her looking at the servant with distress "why did you do this to me again? Wasn't it bad enough that I forgave you the first time when you put it in my water? What on earth have I done to you to make you hate me so much? You bully me when I'm alone, you mess with my food and you given me bruise..." she tried to stop her self when she said that but I wasn't having any of it at all "Yeonnie what's going on? She bullies you? And what...bruises?" Yeon tried to bury herself in her hair and tried to crawl away but my anger was beginning to reach new levels when it came to her as I pulled her towards me and puled back her sleeves to see bruises going up her arms.

I was completely shaking in anger; let alone my own personal feelings I was responsible for the girl! I was ashamed enough to have her being held hostage in my own home...and despite the things I had to do to her brother to keep her safe... I knew him for most of my life and I could not imagine his wrath if he knew anyone had touched her when he himself and her deceased father had never raised their hands on her themselves...I felt my guilt once again clouding my mind and heart and tear me apart as I found myself ready to unleash all of my anger onto this servant...until Yeon threw herself on top of me once again to stop me from ruining a person that meant absolutely nothing to me apart from the only twi people I cared about on this planet "stop it Oroboni you're better than this. Please stop taking out your anger on anybody and ruining lives just like your father" that shut me up. I looked at her like she had gone mad "but...but she's hurting you!" I sounded like a distressed whining child but I was past caring at this point; what she said actually hurt me 10 times as much when Hui-Jee said it. I was ready to storm out of there in frustration...until I felt her small hands wrap themselves around my waist to stop me from leaving as she begged me to stop and calm down...and there were better ways of dealing with my problematic anger issues if I just thought about it more. I was still upset...but I knew that she was right as well. I really really really didn't want to break her hug that she was giving me for the second time in her life, so I took her hands and placed it in mine for as long as I could before telling her to come back to my room from tomorrow...no matter how ill she was before I grabbed the servant outside.

***************
Ok I'll admit that I can be a bit of a brat sometimes as the men liked to call me; I can be a little too mischievous, a little too bold once I set my mind on doing something...but I never expected that he would react the way he did. He almost killed the girl! I definitely had to work on his anger issues...I swear he really was one of the most intelligent people I knew, but his anger would be his downfall. I instantly got ready for bed quickly, trying by hardest not to think about what he was doing to me before Chun-Ae barged in...still unaware that Seon-Ho was watching me until I had tucked myself into bed.