Chapter 143: Seon-Ho

I guess the Queen granted Chun-Ae living space in my estate due to the child we were apparently granted to raise together as I had found out at last minute. He was an orphaned relative of a concubine that the Queen wanted to ensure in Chun-Ae's care, although we had no idea how she made her connections to the Queen. She didn't make it easy; the girl had been following and chasing me around since the day we met, almost with the same enthusiasm as Yeonie used to but in on a whole other level. And the court now somehow valued 'her hard work' so I had no choice but to bring her along in front of the King. I didn't tell Yeon about her and she didn't ask. I tried to keep both women in separate places but 'my concubine' made my life a living hell, she refused to live without me.

As for the boy Bong-Ju: he was barely 4 years old. As much as I tried my best to be an actual father to him but his mother used him in such a way for her pleasure and for my attention, she made it hard for us to bond together. She was such a deplorable creature; an unfit unfeeling mother she would even get jealous of the attention I showed him! Even Hui-Jee showed him some pity and has offered to watch him for me from time to time much to my Chun-Ae's outrage so she could only do so in our home. Needless to say, they didn't get along, even Hwi didn't like her and he was the most mellow person I have known. I had a hard time finding the right nannies for him, but I knew in my heart that only Yeon could save us all before I was left no choice but to turn into my father, which was the last thing we all wanted.

She was absolutely furious, to the point where she burst in on us the morning following the wedding; naked in bed and holding each other. Yeon wanted to run away but I just pulled the blanket off of her, exposing her body and giving her no choice but to hold onto me to cover herself. She was so angry she was stunned into silence. I wasn't angry at the situation; honestly, I had expected it. Before Chun-Ae had her chance to rip into Yeonie in front of all of her father's people I pulled my new wife into the other room and locked the door behind us to finish off our activities so Chun-Ae had no choice but to hear us. She was starting to throw one of her jealous fits and had the servants she brought along to confine her into my sedan chair whilst we bid farewell to the guests and the Seo's. Originally Yeonie wanted to stay in her father's village to help them flourish but she made Hwi promise her that he would take her place and to stay there and help out. I of course wanted to show my support; I genuinely had a fondness for this place and have already been offered to invest some money and take a partnership in the land along with Hwi. Hwi had made something of himself in the years after my father's arrest and we hung out as much as we could on what little free days we had.

Yeon looked uneasy approaching the sedan where Chun-Ae was still throwing a fit. I could only apologise to the people who heard her rantings and pull her away quickly before she embarrassed me even more. I pulled my new wife on horseback and we made our way to the house I had waiting for her. I hadn't told her anything about my relationship with Bong-Ju, I wanted to see their reaction to each other and everything else she had to witness before expressing my own concerns.

I took her to her new home first so she could get familiar with our home and the servants. I didn't really trust any of them and kept them at a distance, and I made it clear for Yeon to do the same. Unfortunately, Chun-Ae had had already established her precedent over our home. I had Chun-Ae taken to her family home along with our son. In the end; we didn't keep as many servants as I was given at first since Yeon still preferred to do some housework herself but I was grateful to her for always keeping my image in mind when we had guests over to congratulate me on our marriage.