Village Repairs

Taking a deep breath I laid back against the pile of crates we had just brought to town from the capital. Since all us Knights were sent out to help repair and rebuild the cities, us Bulls decided to help the smaller villages. There was no better place to start than the village we helped on my first mission, Sosshi. I guess now that I think about it, the Boars Hat was where Magna and I had our first date.

Anyway, I had Finral take me home to make sure my village was doing fine and luckily they were tucked so far in the mountains they hadn't known anything was happening besides the blinding light from those light swords.

"Scarlet, what the hell are you doing?" Magna sauntered over carrying lumber over his shoulder. My cheeks lit up at the sight before me. His hair was all disheveled, his white tanktop clung to his chest and abs after being cooled off by the local water mages, his muscles glistened in the sun. With his free hand he tilted his sunglasses up to see better. "Are you sure you don't want the girls to cool you down? You look like you're burning up."

"I... Uhh..." I stammered before Luck rounded the corner.

"Woo, it's hot out here! I got you your water Scarlet. Oh, sorry I didn't get you one Magna." Luck and I were both in some old tattered clothes. Mine being from my village while Luck's was from training.

I thanked Luck for the drink as he sat beside me. "Luck and I will join you in a few minutes. We've been using quite a bit of mana trying to do roof repairs and stuff."

"Yeah! We need a break too just like you needed one after bringing all these supplies to the village!" Luck stuck out his tongue in protest.

Magna's veins began bulging on his head. "I just wanted to make sure Scarlet was fine dammit! Her face has been as red as her hair since I got back!"

Luck began to snicker while looking between the two of us. "Hmm.. I wonder why that is..."

I nearly choked on my drink which made the sly bastard laugh more. "Sh- Shut up!"

Magna cocked an eyebrow. "You mean to tell me that Scarlet's all flustered because of me? I'm all sweaty, my hair is a mess and I'm in junky old clothes."

"Man, you're oblivious..." Luck deadpanned.

I sighed before slowly standing from my spot on the ground. "If you must know, I tend to like hardworking, tough men. Now if you'll excuse me, I should be getting back to work."

I took a couple steps before summoning my wings and flying towards the girls with the water magic to get cooled down. Magna stood there with his cheeks burning as he watched me leave. Luck poked at his side trying to get his attention. "Earth to stupid Magna... We should get back to work..."

After a few more hours of fixing up the village, the sun had begun to set. In all honesty, we've done quite a bit for only one days work. It helped that everyone in the village worked together so well. Even the kids helped out by cooking with their parents and handing out food.

Seeing the bonfire in the center of town, I figured it was time for us to call it quits for the night. I was making my way over when a large hand grabbed my shoulder. Not knowing who the hell just touched me I clenched my fists and spun around to see a begrudgingly familiar face.

"What the hell do you want?" I glared up at the ratty looking man towering over me. "Was being rejected once not enough for ya?"

The man scoffed. "Damn, your attitudes gotten worse. I thought maybe I could offer you a drink or two for helping us out." His breath reeked of liquor and I swear I haven't seen this bastard all day helping out.