Assisting Kiten

The Wizard King took notes as Yami told him the details about the attack. Since I couldn't exactly fly the whole time, Charmy had made me a small cotton cloud to sit on as she munched away at a bread loaf she had brought with her.

"A third eye.. Firstly, the corpse will be handed over to dissect and we will ask some questions to the captives." The Wizard King stood from his seat as Yami reached in his pockets.

"Here's the magic stone from the temple." Yami handed it over then reached back into his pocket to pull out the amulet. "But I think we had one under our noses the whole time."

The Wizard King smiled taking the amulet in his hand. "You never cease to amaze me Yami."

"I just managed to get a squad member with sticky fingers." Yami taunted glancing back at me. I sweatdropped seeing Julius chuckle looking in my direction.

"Well, great job everyone." His look became serious again as he held the stones in his hand. "As you probably heard.. There were a lot of casualties among the soldiers who fought in Raque.. We won't let their sacrifices be for nothing. You Black Bulls have had no casualties while completing this mission.. Great job!" There was a moment of silence before he spoke again with a smile. "Really.. You became a great leader Yami."

"I'm 28 already so stop this embarrassing thing." He rubbed the back of his neck making the The Wizard King laugh. "I'm just here to prove that you were right. Even more than that these kids proved that I wasn't wrong." Yami tapped Asta on the shoulder making him whine in pain.

The Wizard King approached Asta placing a hand gently on his other shoulder. "Asta, you did a great job again. You are now one step closer to becoming the Wizard King. I expect you to keep doing well."

"Ye- Yes Sir!" He stuttered with his eyes glimmering. Then he had to ruin the moment by asking for an autograph to which Yami threatened to scribble on his face.

Next The Wizard King placed his hand on my head. "You're really growing into that magic of yours Scarlet. Those wings are pretty impressive. I can't wait to see what your grimoire holds in the future."

"Th- Thank you sir. I'll do my best." I muttered feeling my face heat up.

"By the way Yami, Is she your kind? When did you get so big child?" Julius chuckled lifting Charmy who begged for more food.

"No way." Yami deadpanned almost dropping his cigarette out of his mouth.

Suddenly Marx's magic appeared beside the desk. "Please excuse me dear Wizard King!"

"What is it Marx?"

"Diamond soldiers are attacking Kiten!"

Asta, Charmy and I watched in shock as Marx displayed the scene from the border city. Hundreds of Diamond kingdom mages gathering around from the sky. Some on brooms while others displayed their magic they used for travel. "Th- That's a lot of people!" Asta yelled with us all jaw dropped.

Marx continued showing different views of the city. "Most of the magic soldiers who were in charge of defenses are down!"

"It's not like usual when they launch a small attack. The people controlling them are three of the Eight Shining Generals." The Wizard King's stoic look compared to Marx practically loosing his mind surprised me. How can he seem so calm? I guess it's better that way, the Wizard King should be able to keep a calm exterior to hold moral.

Asta's yelling pulled me out of thought. "What?! What are the Eight Shining Generals?!"

"They are the eight strongest soldiers in the Diamond Kingdom. It's something like the Knight Captains in clover." Yami started obviously getting frustrated.