Scarlet's Busy Day

With the dungeon being emptied by the Wizard King's assistants, we had some time to kill. Sadly we were told our vacation would have to be cut short since the Wizard King requested our audience at the castle. Until they're done clearing the dungeon though, we are free to do whatever we please. After we finished packing up the Crazy Cyclone I drug Magna with me into the forest.

"Where the hell are you taking me?!" Magna yelled trying to keep up as I jumped through the trees.

"My favorite spot! It's gorgeous up there. Just try to keep up!" I yelled quickening my pace.

"How the hell am I supposed to keep up?!"

I stopped to let Magna gain some ground. "Do you ever use your magic to just boost your natural abilities?"

"I uhh.. Of course I do!"

"Well good, then this should be easy." I taunted before flame boosting myself through the trees once again.

He sighed and began running again. Trying to mimic my magic he poured flames out of his heels. Struggling with this newfound skill he stumbled a few times barely managing to keep himself upright. I could feel his ki catching up to me as we reached the clearing up ahead. The trees opened to a small pond being fed by tiny waterfalls towards the top of the mountain. I jumped onto a rock towards the edge of the pond and watched Magna struggle to stop before flying into the pond with a large splash.

I sat on the rock laughing my ass off watching him stand up drenched. Wiping a tear from my eye still chuckling I managed to mutter, "Feeling a bit refreshed after your long run?"

A devilish smirk spread across his face. "I don't know, you tell me."

Grabbing my hand he pulled me into the water with him. "Damn it Magna! Don't you think I've been in enough water?"

"A little more wont hurt." He taunted lifting me then throwing me into the water next to him. Knowing I'll attack he quickly took off his jacket tossing it to the side along with his sunglasses.

After gaining my footing I stood up unlatching my metal sleeve and tossing it where he tossed his belongings. "You'll regret that flame for brains." I taunted with a smile. He snickered as I lunged at him. I managed to knock him down into the shallow water. Before I could pin him he flipped me onto my back holding my arms above my head.

Water from his hair dripped onto my face. I noticed the droplets on muscles sparkling in the sun as my eyes wandered. My face grew warm seeing his expression soften with his body pressed against my own. His rich blue eyes looked warm and inviting. My breath hitched as he started leaning in.

"Scarlet! You guys up here?!" Lydia's voice echoed from below startling the two of us.

Magna quickly got up letting me go. I sat up still blushing furiously. "Y- Yeah! Is it that time already?!" I yelled before seeing her head poke over the cliff side.

"They sent me to come get you guys. Why are you both soaked?" She said puzzled.

I nervously laughed. "It's a long story."

We gathered our things and headed down the mountain without speaking a word to each other. Saying my goodbyes I gave my family and friends the hugs they deserve before entering the spatial users portal back to base. I awkwardly grabbed my things from the trunk on the Crazy Cyclone before making my way inside. Opening the door I notice everyone lounging around looking rather exhausted. Yami and the two other newbies seemed to be absent though. I heard a few grumbles but ignored them since I wasn't exactly in the mood to talk to anyone.