Irritating Confrontation

"Now where the hell is this X person?" I sighed standing beside Nils with my arms crossed. Looking over the crowd I couldn't really spot anyone that seemed out of place. Well.. except for Charmy sitting on the Wizard King's lap munching on some pastry she brought with her.

"The fifth match is about to begin, get by your crystal competitors!" The Wizard King announced making Nils and I step forward.

"Uhh.. Sir, we don't know where our teammate is." I said standing in front of the two kings.

"We don't even know who they are." Nils added looking just about as concerned as me.

A kid-like devious laugh came from some Aqua Deers guy with a creepy mask. "X... Is me!" He yelled as a flash of light revealed the young captain Rill. "Hello Everyone! It's me, Rill Boismortier!"

Nils and I just stood there in shock as whispers surrounded us.

"That's cheating, they have a captain."

"Why is a captain even participating?"

"We don't stand a chance against him!"

"Don't tell me captains weren't allowed to join?!" Rill turned to the Wizard King in worry.

He chuckled before trying to calm the crowd. "No, of course they can! You're more than welcome to! There's nothing to be alarmed of everyone. If anything this is a chance to defeat a captain and make a name for yourselves!"

The crowd seemed pretty pleased with this outcome. Well.. Besides me. How the hell am I supposed to prove myself when there's a captain taking the limelight.

"Excuse me, you two." An older gentleman in a suit gave us a small bow. "Please take care of master Rill today in your battle."

"Uhh.. Sure." I muttered, taking a step back. "What the hell was that about?" I looked to Nils and he just shrugged.

Finally, we made our way onto the battlefield after all the confusion. I stretched my legs leaning side to side, ready to show off my training. Nils scoffed glancing over at me. "Don't get too cocky Vermillion wannabe. I don't want us to lose in our first round."

Before I could respond Rill jumped in between us yelling and giggling like a small child. "Alright! Here I go! I'm gonna paint a masterpiece!"

'Paint a masterpiece? What does that even mean?' I thought to myself seeing the cheery boy hyped up for battle.

"Let the fifth match begin!" The Wizard King yelled echoing over the arena.

A devious smile spread across my lips as I flared my mana. My flames began climbing up my body creating my fiery wings. Before I could launch myself towards the enemy, there was an ice made sword blocking my view.

"Just sit back and watch Bull. We don't need you embarrassing yourself out here, now do we?" Nils stood there in front of me with his nose in the air. "Watch how a real Magic Knight fights."

I grabbed his ice sword with my bare hand making it melt in my palm. His eyes widened seeing the top of his sword fall to the ground from being melted in half. I took a step towards him making him back up slightly still trying to hold his ground. "Don't you dare think you're better than me ice boy. I may have been raised a peasant, but my mother still raised me with the ferocity of a lion."

Rill's screaming echoed across the battlefield. My head whipped in his direction to see him trapped in the enemies vine magic. With a flap of my wings I began hurtling towards the young captain, but the enemy was already attacking. They really gave it their all by sending a large fireball and bridge of spiked ice towards the boy.