Dante of the Dark Triad

Another few months went by and I was told to go back to base and take a break. Leona had some work to do back at the capital while my mother said she needed time to relax because she's "too old" for all this excitement.

The base is at the Spade Kingdom's border currently so I decided to fly over there. I've gotten significantly faster while flying which makes travel quite a bit easier. I'm just a bit worn out afterwards from the constant use of mana.

When I made it to base I walked through the door to immediately be tackled by Vanessa. "It's been so long! I'm so happy to see you! What brings you back to base?" Her hug grew tighter and I groaned.

"Please, you're crushing me."

"Oops, my bad." She pulled me over to the couch.

"I have some free time so I came back home to you guys. Besides, I'd like to see what you guys learned."

Gauche grumbled from across the room. "I learned your squealing is making me mess up poor Marie." His hand shook while trying to paint the face of his creepy doll.

"Right... Guess you don't have to worry if I burn up that little doll of yours." I summoned a flame on my hand and he glared at me.

"I'll kill you." He summoned a mirror right in front of my face.

"Ooo who's this? You come here often, gorgeous?" I snickered looking at my reflection in his mirror.

"Insufferable." He groaned letting his magic dissipate.

Vanessa and I laughed together and even Grey snickered. We popped open a bottle of wine and laid back on the couch. I talked about my training a bit before Asta burst through the door. "Hey everybody! We brought you snacks!"

Finral waved from behind Asta. "They're for training so hard these past six months."

Waving her wine glass in the air Vanessa smiled back at them. "Thanks! There's nothing that pairs well with my wine here."

I sat up and waved to the boys. "Long time no see guys! Are those cookies from the Heart Kingdom?"

"They aren't for Marie and they aren't Marie so I don't care." Gauche grumbled. Grey squealed when I flicked the wine cork at Gauche's head and he blocked it with one of his mirrors.

"Oh shoot, I gotta go pick Yami up from the Captain's conference soon! I don't know when I'll be back. It might be a while." Finral stepped through his spatial portal. "See you guys in a bit!"

"Wow! He's been busy!" Asta Yelled plopping down on the chair next to Vanessa and I. "How are things going with Gordon's Curse Magic Studies?"

Gauche grew even more irritated. "Don't ask me. I'm never going anywhere near that house again."

Grey shook her head in agreement. "Same here!"

I drank the rest of my glass and set it on the coffee table. "So Henry's sleeping right? I can feel his ki upstairs."

Pouring me another glass Vanessa sighed. "He's been low on Magic since Charmy has been gone. We're all missing her cooking."

I went to pick up my glass when I felt something. More like someone outside. I dropped my glass and it shattered on the stone below. Everyone looked at me confused as I sat there frozen. That's when Henry called out to us.

"Heeey yooouu guuuuys!"

"What the hell?" Gauche got up and looked out the window. "The base is floating."

In an instant we were all on guard. I summoned my flame armor while Vanessa sent out rouge. The base shifted turning into the bull like it did when we fought the elves.