The Final Match

Fifteen minutes wasn't nearly enough time to recover. Who knew being electrocuted underwater and nearly drowning could wear a person down. The tea Rill's butler forcibly offered me did help a bit though along with Charmy's good luck sandwich she reluctantly gave me.

Walking into the battlefield I thought about the last two matches. Magna filled me in on everything that had happened before he went back to stay with Asta in the infirmary. Marx made sure they could watch the match through his magic though.

With Nils warming up to me now I decided to try and form a plan with him and Rill. Since Rill protected the crystal flawlessly we decided he'd be the best one to put on defense. Hell the kid conjured a giant God looking thing and threw Klaus's iron spear right back at them and shattered their crystal.

That being said though, I know Yuno is going to want to go head to head with Rill since he's a captain. That gives Nils and I the perfect opportunity to charge their crystal and shatter it.

Nils agreed to the plan but seemed bothered by something. He cleared his throat while Rill watched giggling. "I think i should apologize for my rude behavior earlier. I have heard rumors and I let them paint a false picture in my head."

I was kinda dumbfounded. "It's no big deal. I dealt with worse before finding out I have royal blood. Peasants don't exactly have it easy."

"Right..." He trailed off rubbing the back of his neck.

"Aww! Now we can't lose! We're gonna be the best team!" Rill held his paintbrush in the air then motioned in the enemy team's direction. "Maybe I'll finally paint my ultimate masterpiece!"

As soon as the match began Yuno started flying straight for Rill and the Crystal. "Oh, he's got spirit! This will be pretty entertaining!" Rill cheered. "Take your time breaking the crystal, I wanna have some fun!"

I summoned my wings to fly alongside Nils since I still felt a bit weak from just waking up. He used his ice magic to create a path to skate on so we could quickly reach the enemies crystal. Noelle and that fungus mantis stood guard in front of their crystal ready to attack. Noelle had the crystal surrounded by her sea dragon's nest while the fungus guy had mushrooms surrounding him.

"Don't hold back Noelle! I'm looking for a good fight!" I shouted, summoning my fiery claw gauntlets and boots.

She took a step back clearly not wanting to engage. Her self esteem may be improving, but she's still scared of hurting her friends. A mushroom appeared on her shoulder and began shouting. "Don't let the enemy scare you! You have the advantage with your magic affinity! You focus on her while I attack the ice user!"

The fungus guy summoned a giant mushroom that began running full speed towards Nils. Luckily, Nils easily retaliated by shoving ice spikes straight through its eyes. An ice wall surrounded us as Noelle began firing giant water spheres our way. I nodded his direction in thanks then flew over the wall with my arms out in front of me. A pillar of flames ignited from my palms, but was blocked by Noelle's sea dragon's nest she had made around herself. The water boiled making steam rise from the barrier, but her magic was too strong to penetrate.

I landed on the ground to gain more traction to strengthen my attack. I dispersed my wings to dedicate more of my mana output into the flame pillar. That's when my new mana sensing skill kicked in. Of course I noticed Rill and Yuno's fight with their mana constantly rising, but I felt Noelle collecting a tremendous amount of mana as well.

I stopped my flame pillar in a panic to see the sea serpent forming behind her. "This might hurt a little Scarlet! You might want to back down!" Sweat dripped from Noelle's forehead as she mustered the mana to use this spell a second time in one day.