A Day In Town

The smell of fresh stew filled the room bringing me to my senses. I opened my eyes to see I'm in a small run down house in what looks like a spare room with only two chairs, an end table and the bed I'm laying in. When I sat up I felt a dull pain where my injury was. As I rubbed my hand across my side I could feel it was bandaged underneath my clothes. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and started slipping on my boots when the door to the room opened.

"Oh hey, welcome back to the land of the living." Magna was standing in the doorway holding a small tray with a bowl of stew and a small loaf of bread.

"I didn't die ya know." I chuckled as I finished tying my boots.

He walked over and placed the tray on the end table and sat down in the chair across from the bed. "Damn near close. Don't be so reckless next time."

"Oh you're one to talk."

"Well I... Damn it woman, just be careful! I could have handled it."

I couldn't help but start giggling at him. "You're welcome Magna."

He sat there with his arms crossed and looked away with a bit of pink on his face. "Thank you."

After we ate our food I thanked the doctor for all she's done and we headed on our way back to base. Besides the pain in my side I felt great. I rode my broom standing up again despite Magna stating his disapproval since I'm still technically injured. On the way to base Magna filled me in on what happened after I passed out. 'Damn, after all this trouble we were still left empty handed?'

Finally reaching the base we all went to report to Yami about the incident. "Wow, you guys sure got beat up." He laughed. "You bastards did great though. The Wizard King even gave you guys a star. Now we only have negative thirty." He held the star up to the blank slots in the wall as one of the slots disappeared.

"Negative thirty!" Asta yelled.

"Yup we're in last place. The Golden Dawn was 70 Stars and they're ranked number one." Vanessa chimed in from behind.

"Oh and here's your pay." Yami handed each of us a sac of gold. It's way more money than I ever expected. I've never even seen that much money before in one place before.

"That's a lot of money!" Asta yelled fiddling with the bag.

"It's not much at all." Noelle chimed in.

"With this much money you could buy thousands of tatoes!"

As the two bickered about potatoes Vanessa went in between the two. "Since you have money now I can bring you with me to do some shopping in Castle Town."

"Can I join you? I need to get new clothes." I asked motioning towards my torn shirt.

"Well of course! The more the merrier!" She sang as she waltzed upstairs to get ready.

I looked around to see where Magna went, but he was already gone. 'Oh well, I guess he didn't want to go shopping with us.'

We arrived at the bustling castle town of Kikka where the streets were full, music could be heard all around and shops lined the streets. "This is amazing! Look at all the magic items and food!" Asta was yelling looking around at all the shops which drew a lot of unwanted attention towards us.

"Hey that kid has a Magic Knight's robe."

"Ugh, It's the Black Bulls. No wonder."

"They're the absolute worst. They only cause trouble."

"Is that the alcoholic freak Vanessa? Damn she's gorgeous."

"Too bad she's a Black Bull."

"Yeah and those other two cuties with her."