Home Sweet Home

As the sun rose filling the room with an orange hue my eyes fluttered open. The clouds out the window rolled through the sky in brilliant shades of red and orange as the sun peeked over the trees. I sat up seeing Magna still sound asleep facing the other direction. I gently nudged his shoulder making him stir rolling onto his back. As he opened his eyes and stretched while a smile spread across his lips. "Man, this is something I could get used to."

My face started getting warm. "Get used to what?"

"Waking up next to a gorgeous girl in bed with me." As he put his hands behind his head I pushed him off the bed.

"You're such a pervert!" I crossed my arms turning my face away as he just laughed.

"You were the one suggesting I sleep with you. So who's the real pervert?"

I took the pillow behind me and threw it on top of him before getting up. "Keep that over your head to I can change. If I catch you peeking I'll kill you."

"Ok Yami."

After I changed I took my amulet out of my bag before throwing it back in the trunk. I don't want to risk losing it so I keep it on me whenever I'm not bathing or sleeping. Magna watched as I put it on and hid it under my shirt. "Why don't you keep that thing back at base if you're going to hide it all the time?"

I shrugged. "I guess I just like it. I've never really had anything like this before. My mother has a necklace she wears all the time so I guess I wanted something like that as well." I threw my bag into the trunk along with Magna's. "We should hurry so we can make it by dinner!"

We lugged the trunk downstairs where Emily and her mother were enjoying breakfast at the table. We said our goodbyes and thanked them for letting us stay the night. We were given a bundle with a few muffins so we could eat while we flew. After everything was settled we were on our way to my village.

The flight was pretty uneventful. The closer we got to Flint the more mountainous the area got. I was starting to get nervous. What would everyone think of me? How would they react to me bringing Magna? I shook off the thought laying my head on Magna's back.

"What the hell? Get away!" Magna started waving his arm around making me look up in confusion. There were multiple blue and green butterflies landing on him and the Crazy Cyclone.

I simply smiled offering my hand to one for it to crawl on. "This is Lydia's Magic, don't crush them." I pointed towards the bend in mountain side. "Right over there is the town. Just around this bend"

As we got closer I could see the swarm growing larger as Lydia emerged darting towards using her butterfly magic. One of her spells creates wings on her back, allowing her to fly. Despite being from such a poor village she had fine clothing that she had made herself. Her beauty and charm gets her good deals on fabrics from the merchants that travel to our village for our gems and metals.

I wiggled my way out of my seat to stand behind Magna while holding onto his shoulders so I could wave to her. Which of course made Magna yelled at me since I told him not to let me fall but I ignored him.

She flew up to us matching our speed. "Scarlet! It's so good to see you! How are the Black Bulls treating you? Is this guy one of them?" She got closer and whispered to me. "Is he a thug? He kinda looks like a thug."

I burst out laughing feeling Magna's shoulders tense up. "No he isn't a thug. He may look like one but he's a pretty nice guy."

We got closer to the town where I had Magna land next to my parent's house. Lydia had to go finish her shift scouting the perimeters of the village. Her family was in charge of that since they all have insect themed magic. Being at the border we are always worried about the Heart Kingdom taking advantage of our mines. Although, they tend to stick to themselves.