The Spark Begins

I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains into the room. Stretching, I get up and gather my things to go bathe before I start my day. With my clothes tucked under my arm I leave the room still in my baggy t-shirt and shorts. 'Shit, now where are the baths in this damn place.' Hoping I run into Magna, I start wondering down the hallway.

Asta rounded the corner just a few feet in front of me. "Hey Scarlet. What's up?" He looked at me confused for still having messy hair and being in my sleepwear.

"Well, I was hoping to run into Magna so he could show me where the baths are at since I still haven't gotten my tour."

"I mean, I could show you real quick if you want."

"No, no it's ok. He owes me anyway. Just point me towards the stairs and I'll be fine." I let out a nervous laugh as he motioned behind him.

"I just came upstairs so you were close."

"Oh, Thanks." I headed down the stairs and into the main hall which was fairly empty. Yami was in the corner reading a newspaper, Vanessa was just lounging on the couch barely dressed and Charmy was munching away at the table surrounded by plates of food. Charmy looks at me with a sweet smile and her face covered in crumbs. She holds out a muffin motioning for me to sit down. "Thanks, I guess a quick breakfast couldn't hurt."

Enjoying my breakfast I hear the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs behind me. "You were looking for me Scarlet?" I nearly choke hearing Magna's voice.

Clearing my throat from my muffin I turn towards him as he sat down next to me. "Yeah, I wanted to know if you could take me to the baths. I can't seem to find them."

He just chuckled a bit. "Why couldn't Asta just show you?"

My face turned a little pink. "Well you owe me remember? You haven't even shown me around the place."

He placed his hand on my shoulder still smiling from laughing. "Scarlet, you know I'm too manly for the women's baths right? And you're way too beautiful for the men's."

My face was bright red at that point. With my flames surrounding me I pushed him sending him crashing into the wall next to the front door. "That's not what I meant ya damn pervert!"

Yami burst out laughing from the corner. "Better watch it, she seem as hot tempered as you."

I crossed my arms and looked away with my face still burning. Vanessa came over sitting next to me backwards on the bench still giggling at the scene. "Since the virgin delinquent isn't showing you I can. I was just about to head up there myself."

"Thank you." As I stood up and grabbed my belongings Magna got up and dusted himself off.

"Scarlet, I can show you around after you're done. If you still want me to that is." He was still snickering at what just happened.

"Of course, you owe me remember?" I turned to him and gave him a small smile before heading upstairs.

In the large bath Vanessa and I sat across from each other. "So how are you liking our squad so far?" Vanessa was leaning back on the edge with her eyes closed.

"I was kinda scared at first when I met Yami at the exams, but everyone here is pretty great so far."

"Especially the delinquent? You two seem to be getting pretty close."

"What? What makes you say that?" She looked at me with a raised eyebrow making me blush a bit. "I- I mean yeah I saved his life... and his clothes, but I'd do that for anyone in the squad."

"I see the way you two act with each other. Especially him. If anyone else would have sent him flying today he would have started a fight in an instant."