A Shocking Battle

I stood there just inside the doorway beside Magna hearing Owen command the rest of the healers in the Black Bull's room down the hall. "I think I'd much rather be out there." I muttered fidgeting with my hands. "I won't run out there again. If I promise, can I watch them? I can't stand hearing what's happening in here."

Magna's expression softened to a gentle smile, but I could still see the pain in his eyes. Finral might be my friend, but I haven't lived with him as long as everyone else. "If you run out there the Wizard King could have my head."

"I won't. I'll sit between you and Luck just in case so you can catch me." I gave him a weak smile as I tugged his hand. "Let's go, Asta needs us."

The atmosphere thickened as we made it back to the roof. Even Luck stood there staring intently without his signature smile in sight. Magna's grip on my hand tightened seeing the blood flowing from Asta's wounds. They weren't nearly as bad as Finral's, but the kids losing blood fast.

Mimosa stuck by his side using her most powerful healing spell while still carrying the crystal behind them. Asta rapidly swung his sword, doing his best to defend Mimosa and himself from Lagris's dark spatial magic. The attacks that made it through left holes in his clothes and the crystal behind him.

With Asta barely being able to keep up, he yelled for his jackass teammate. The one that criticized, and belittled him. Despite this fact, Xerx jumped in front of him creating a large spell circle in the air like a shield. "Someone like you is no Magic Knight!" He shouted towards Lagris only to realize the spatial orbs went around spell circle to go straight for him.

Honestly, throughout this whole exam I felt this guy growing on me. Yeah he's an asshole, but he's just sick of this rich hierarchy crap. He has every right to be pissed off with the Magic Knights since most of them tend to cater to the rich and the royal. I cringed ready to bare the sight of another Knight fallen by this lunatic.

Magic runes appeared in the shape of a large spell circle across Xerx's body. Each attack was sucked in leaving all of us spectators in awe. Even Marx seemed impressed and he's usually a stick in the mud.

"This is for you fake Magic Knight!" Xerx sent each spatial orbs right back at Langris who stood there wide open. That is until he summoned more spatial orbs to block it. Xerx fell to one knee with sweat beading on his forehead.

"Your special ace in the hole didn't even put a scratch on me! I truly am special! I'm different from that useless brother of mine and I'm different from you!" " Langris boasted, making me clench my teeth. "No matter what someone like you tries to do, it will never amount to anything! You'll always be useless!" His grimace grew as he prepared his next wave of dark spatial balls.

"It's not useless!" Asta jumped over Xerx covered in that dark matter with his sword in hand. He quickly swung his sword destroying each orb to protect Xerx while Mimosa rushed up from behind and began healing him. He's honestly lucky he got stuck in a team with two very forgiving people.

Langris tried talking down on Asta once again in an attempt to intimidate him, but it would never work. The boy is way too headstrong. 

"I always admired amazing people like you!" Asta stood his ground still partially cloaked in darkness. "It's not like I ever wanted people like you to like me and it's not like I hate you either! Just don't unreasonably try and take this opportunity from us! In order to fight someone special like you, to protect everyone and rise up to compete with one another. To fight together. We worked to become strong as Magic Knights!"

"Shut up!" Langris snapped flaring his mana and sending more orbs after Asta. "If you don't want to die you should just cower in the corner somewhere you useless nothing!"