The Curse Has Been Lifted

I ran my hand along the walls trying to find some sign of a door or a false wall like Magna fell through. It seemed to have closed up after he fell, trapping us down here. Not to mention the platform that I activated is flush with the rest of the floor now and we have no way of making it move.

Walking back to the center I noticed Magna looking at the carvings on the ground. "I didn't find anything. Any ideas?"

He was quiet for a moment with his hand on his chin in thought. "Well.. This might be a shot in the dark but these carvings might be trying to tell us something."

The carvings seemed to go in an infinite loop. It showed someone using their flame magic behind a dragon while the dragon breathed fire at the next man who was doing the same as the first. Two men using their flames against the two dragons only to be burned? I scratched the back of my head as I looked up towards the statues. "Even if this is supposed to help us, wouldn't we die from the dragon's flames?"

"Only one way to find out." Magna shrugged before readying himself in the center of the circle. "I think we have to aim at the sideways jar that they are holding with their tail." He conjured his flames in his palm turning back towards me.

"Magna, this is crazy! What if this kills us?!"

"What if it doesn't? Would you rather just starve and be left to rot alone in this room?"

I took a deep breath as I readied myself back to back with Magna. "You better be right or I'll kill you myself." I muttered, igniting my flames.

The two of us simultaneously sent our flames pouring them into the jar in the dragon's tail. At first nothing happened but then some of the back scales started to glow, then the eyes, then flames poured out of the dragon's mouth.

We both ceased fire as a whirlwind of orange and blue flames danced around us. The two of us were at a loss for words as the blue flames formed pictures of men fighting alongside the dragons. They shared their mana with them in the form of flames and vice versa. It showed the peace the humans had with the dragons, sharing their campsites and traveling with one another.

The dragon's numbers seemed to dwindle as the fiery pictures went on, until there was one man left with one dragon. The dragon looked distraught and lost without his fellow kin beside him. He breathed fire on the man one last time, disappearing within the flame as the man accepted the mana.

The flames began to separate in streams of blue and orange. The blue flames swirled around me giving me a surge of power. It was as if the scorching mana began flowing through my veins. I hissed clenching my fists as I tried to cool my body. It didn't necessarily hurt but this amount of heat couldn't be good for any human.

A faint rumbling was heard echoing through the dungeon. It seemed to be coming from below and kept growing louder. Magna grabbed my wrist dragging me off the platform that began crumbling the moment we stepped off of it. Sand poured in through the bricks below as if it were rising. Or are we sinking?

Looking around frantically I noticed the hole in the ceiling was open once again. Without a word I conjured my fiery wings and grabbed Magna around his waist. The two of us used our flames to propel ourselves quickly towards the opening.

As we flew through the hallway I could see all the scorch marks from the monsters Magna had fought along the way. The sand began slowly sinking through the bricks of the walls around us as we reached the round room where we had previously split up. I sensed Luck's ki hurtling towards the iron gate which was still down. I dropped Magna to quickly turn and let my flames pour out of my palms.

Once Luck got close enough I stopped my magic to see the glowing red bars in front of me bend then break as Luck burst through them equipped with his lightning boots and gauntlets.