Family Get Together

Clenching my bed sheets I groaned as I was being pried away from my comfort. "Dammit Scarlet, you're gonna wrinkle your dress!" Noelle grumbled trying to pull me out of bed by my arm.

"But this dress sucks... it's so stiff and scratchy.. Why can't I wear my normal clothes?" I whined, pulling myself from her grasp and crossing my arms against my chest.

Noelle stomped her foot and put her hands on her hips. "Because this is what it means to be royalty, besides this is a formal gathering. Everyone is going to be dressed nice."

Noelle's dress was a gorgeous white that faded to blue making it flow like waves at the bottom. Her dress shined with its silver stitching and shimmering jewels. To be honest, her dress looked far more comfortable than mine. I guess I'm to blame for that since I picked out the least flashy of the dresses I was offered by the designer.

"Knock knock!" Vanessa sang while peeking through the door. "Look at you two! You're gonna leave those boys speechless."

Noelle's face heated up. "D-Do you really think he-he'll like it?"

"If that boy wasn't all muscle and no brain, I'd say yes." I snickered before seeing her face sadden a bit. "Don't worry, he'll come to his senses one day... probably."

"W-Wait! I wasn't t-talking about anyone specific!" She frantically corrected herself before covering her face in embarrassment.

Vanessa and I laughed before she decided to turn her attention to me. "Our little delinquent cleaned up nice. I just finished hemming their tuxes and making sure they actually got dressed up."

I nervously laughed. "The invitation said I could bring a couple friends. I'm not so sure bringing Luck with was really the best idea anymore." Of course right after I said that we heard a loud crash downstairs and Yami yelling. "I guess we'd better get going."

Grabbing our belts we had gotten specially made to match our dresses, we quickly left the room and headed downstairs. The first thing we saw was a nicely dressed Luck dangling from Yami's grasp. "Don't you know how to behave yourself dammit! Leave the delinquent be or Scarlet's gonna have your head."

"Yeah, what he said." I crossed my arms watching Yami drop Luck allowing him to race over to me. "If you promise to not pick any fights tonight, we'll have a free for all battle tomorrow when we get back."

"Deal, but Magna made the same deal so we have to fight twice!" He booped me on the nose giving me a small shock.

I reached forward to grab him and he quickly jumped back while Noelle grabbed the collar of my dress. "Don't you dare ruin your dress with your damn fire!"

I crossed my arms in a huff. "Where's Magna. I wanna get this over with already."

Luck giggled. "Yami sent him outside to wait with Asta so we wouldn't kill each other."

The three of us made our way to the door when Yami yelled over to us from the kitchen. "Don't break any of the fancy shit while you're gone! You can't afford it with your pay!"

Opening the door I could hear Asta laughing. "Why are you so nervous? You see her all the time."

Nervous? Am I supposed to be nervous too? My face grew red and I paused at the door. I mean, I guess I've never seen him dressed up like this before. He probably looks handsome as hell. What if I'm flustered all night?

"Earth to stupid Scarlet, get out of the way." Luck zapped my back making me jump and nearly fall out the door.

"You little shit!" I summoned my fire claw and when I was about to swipe at him Magna grabbed my arm and wrapped his other arm around my waist.