The Raid Has Began

"Scarlet, it's time to get up!" Luck shouted, rattling the door handle.

I groaned pulling the soft silken blankets over my head. "Is anyone else even up yet?"

"Nope, I'm the first one! It's only a couple hours until sunrise so we have to get moving!"

Throwing my blankets off I sigh in defeat. "I'll be out in a minute." I groggily put on my robes then opened the door to see Luck leaning against the opposite wall grinning ear to ear. "Wipe that damn look off your face you crazed battle nut."

We sat around the dining hall while breakfast was being served. Of course we were the first ones there, but slowly more Knights trickled in to eat before sunrise. "Do you think we'll all make it out of this alive?" Luck pushed his food around on his plate while resting his head in his hand with an elbow on the table. "I mean, everyone here is pretty strong, but.. They have some pretty strong mages as well."

"Getting worried?" I glanced at him to see the anticipation growing on his face.

"Quite the opposite actually. So many strong mages fighting each other! It's going to be a bloodbath!" He flared his magic slighting making my hairs stand on end.

"Alright you sadistic ball of static, let's make a bet."

"A bet?"

"Yeah, a bet. Whoever kicks more ass while on this mission gets a prize of their choice from the other person. For instance, if I win than you can't challenge anyone to a fight for an entire week."

"What?! Aww.. That's no fair!"

"Well then, you better win."

Luck grumbled crossing his arms. "Well if I win then you and Magna have to have an all out battle with me."

"You're going to drag Magna into this?"

Luck nodded. "He needs the training anyway after this. He's falling behind."

"I guess that's fair. He'd want to join anyway." I nuzzled my head into my arms to try and get at least an extra ounce of sleep.

The door burst open behind us making me jolt awake. "Welcome to the day we rid the country of the Eye of the Midnight Sun!" Leona stood in the doorway with her arms crossed next to lord face braid. "Cob, it's time."

He jumped from his seat and saluted. "Roger dodger roger!" A spatial door opened in the center of the room with Nozel being the first to enter.

"Now listen up! Nozel is scouting the area. Therefore, we'll be entering in about five minutes. Any questions or concerns, bring them to me now." She sat down and was immediately served a plate of all meat.

Some Knights were rushing to get their breakfast down while others grew more anxious. Hell, even I was starting to feel anxious. We don't even know how many of them there are or what kinds of magic they have.

Asta waltzed over to Luck and I and wrapped his arms around our shoulders. "Let's show The Eye of the Midnight Sun what it means to be Magic Knights! We'll make them regret ever messing with our kingdom!"

"Oh quite down bakasta. Some of us are still trying to wake up." Noelle pulled out a chair on the opposite side of the table.

In no time we were all making our way through the spatial door into a thick forested area. As we walked, the mana around us grew stronger. Leona explained that we found their base in this powerful magic region. We reached a decent sized lake to see a ginormous floating rock above the water.