~Chapter 43~

Demi looked at the present in her hands. Then, her eyes travelled towards Wilmer, who kept smiling at her. She looked down and smiled to the ground before walking up to him. He made her sit down on his lap.

“Open it” He said, still smiling.

Her fingers started to open the and what she saw made her heart melt.

“Wilmer…” She whispered as her voice didn’t seem to be able to come out properly and loudly. “It’s beautiful”

It was the most beautiful necklace she had ever seen.

Wilmer gently took it from her and put it around her neck.

“Thank you so much, my love” She doubted a bit before calling him that but the warmness in his eyes made her feel much better. “You’re welcome, babe” He said and placed his lips on hers for some brief moments.

“I have also something for you” Demi said and she got up. Her right hand went into one of the pockets of her trousers. She handed him a little box.

“Aw” He opened the box and saw a cute key chain. It had a photo of him and Luna hugging.

“Demi, it’s really beautiful but… Why aren’t you on the picture?” He asked. She just shrugged. “I don’t know” She smiled weakly. “I love you” He said before also standing up and hugging her tight.

“Daddy!” Luna made them look at her. She had a doll in her hands. “Look what Santa brought me” She looked and sounded really excited.

Demi looked at Wilmer and he looked at her. They smiled at each other since they had bought that doll together for Luna.

“Mom…Demi… Do you like my new doll?” Luna asked with two pink shades invading her cheeks.

“Yes, of course and… You can call me mom if you want to… If your dad’s okay with that” Both Luna and Demi looked at Wilmer.

For him, it was still a bit soon for Luna to call Demi mom already but if that would make her happy, then he couldn’t do anything to stop it.

“Of course you can call her mommy but…” He got on his knees to face his little daughter. “Promise me you will never, ever, forget your real mom, yeah?”

Luna nodded happily before hugging her dad and then Demi, her new mom…

_____.

When the whole family was having breakfast, Patricia appeared still wearing her pajamas.

“Good morning” She said. “Morning” Some of the family members said. “Did Santa bring me something?” She asked while taking a place at the table, next to Demi just to annoy her.

“I doubt so…” Demi whispered while she took a sip of her coffee. Wilmer laughed quietly at her comment.