~Chapter 39~

The first thing she heard when she woke up were giggles. She didn’t even need to open her eyes to know that those giggles were from Luna. Demi also could feel two little hands playing with her face.

“What is the princess doing?” She said, without opening her eyes. Luna giggled harder. “Nothing” The little girl muttered. “Playing with Demi’s face?” Demi laughed lightly, finally opening her eyes.

“Demi!” Luna hugged the young woman. “I wanted to wake you up but didn’t know how to do it” She told her with her head firmly pressed against Demi’s chest. “Your face is really pretty, Demi” Luna said, pulling away and looking into Demi’s eyes.

“Aw, baby, thanks so is yours.”

Luna looked down as two red shades invaded her cute and chubby cheeks.

“You think?” Her voice was really low now.

“Of course, Luna” Demi smiled as Luna looked up again. A smile formed on her little mouth.

“Demi…” Luna’s head pressed against Demi’s chest again. “Yeah?” Demi wrapped her arms around the lovely little girl.

“Please never go away. Stay with me forever. Don’t go away like my mommy. Be my new mommy forever”

Demi almost choked when she heard what Luna was saying. Her heart warmed up in a matter of seconds and all she could do was place a kiss on the top of Luna’s head.

“I will” She decided to reply after a minute of silence. “Promise?” Luna’s voice was still a whisper.

“I promise, baby girl”

Although Demi couldn’t see Luna’s face, she knew she was smiling and it made her happy.

“Is daddy still asleep?” She suddenly asked.

Demi shrugged.

“I guess so” said Demi.

In that moment, they both looked at Wilmer and, yes, he was sleeping.

“Wanna wake daddy up?” Demi asked Luna with a smile. Luna nodded excited.

“Okay, listen” Luna got closer to Demi. “You’re gonna jump on him as we both scream, yeah?”

“Yes, yes” Luna immediately got up, ready to jump on her daddy.

“One, two…” Before she could say number three, Luna had already jumped on him and Demi was obliged to scream.

“Wake up, sleepy head!!” Demi yelled as Luna tickled Wilmer.

“What is this?” Wilmer laughed and then pretended to be a monster as he wrapped an arm around Luna and the other around Demi before she could escape.

“Daddy, let go!” Luna laughed hysterically and so did Demi.

“Mmm, no” Wilmer said and he kissed Luna’s cheek. “I love having both of my girls in my arms” He told them and then randomly kissed Demi’s lips, which made her shiver.

“Dad, can Demi be my new mommy?” Luna decided to ask as her eyes noticed how they were kissing.

Demi pulled away from Wilmer as she feared the worst.

“Umm, why not?”

She did not expect Wilmer’s reply at all.

“Yay!” Luna kissed her dad’s cheek before hugging him while Demi just sat there in shock with Wilmer’s eyes on her. “Luna, why don’t you go and wake Maddie up?” Wilmer suggested as his eyes wouldn’t leave Demi.

“Good idea!” And with that, Luna jumped off the bed and left the room.

“Seems like you’re gonna be Luna’s new mom” Wilmer whispered, breaking the silence that had fallen on them as soon as Luna had left the place.

Demi just swallowed. She felt confused and didn’t really know what was going on.

“Wilmer, please, stop” She said.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked.

“I don’t know Wilmer. You tell me”

“What am I supposed to tell you?” Now he was confused.

“I don’t know! I don’t know what you expect me to act like! I don’t know what’s going on. What fucking game are you playing?”

“Game?”

“Yeah.”

“Demi… I… This is not a game.”

She looked down, her head was going crazy.

“I know I’ve been an asshole all this time but now I know what kind of people you are and I can say that I am in love with you. I love you and so does Luna.”

“Oh”

“Demi, I’m sorry” He caressed her cheek gently. “I love you” He pecked her lips and brought her closer so their bodies were touching.

“I love you too” She smiled as she pulled away. “Promise me that your feelings are not gonna change when we’re back at the school”

“I promise you, Demi, that my feelings are never gonna change. Never”

He grabbed her hands and caressed the back of them with his thumbs.

Again, silence flew in the air. But it was comfortable. Their eyes locking, their hands touching, their heart beats colliding. Everything was fine.

“Breakfast!!!” Maddie screamed running through the hallway with Luna by her side. “Breakfast!!” Luna imitated Demi’s little sister.

“Let’s go have breakfast then” Wilmer laughed as they both left the bed and went dowstairs.