~Chapter 6~

Stephanie and Demi had gone to the shopping center and while walking back to the orphanage, the rain had caught them and they were now soaked in the middle of the hallway, laughing loudly.

“Oh my Gosh, I can´t believe this. The rain hates us!” Demi said while laughing.

“The rain is not the only one who hates you…” A voice said.

Stephanie and Demi looked at Wilmer who was giving them a death glare.

“Come on, Wilmer, stop it” Stephanie said, annoyed. Demi didn´t say a thing, she just swallowed.

“The floor is getting soaked and it´s your fault.” He said, frustrated.

“Chill, brother” Stephanie grabbed Demi´s hand and leaded her out of there.

Once the girls were in Demi´s bedroom where they changed, Demi asked her something.

“Steph, please tell me what is wrong with your brother? Why is he like that? I can´t understand”

Stephanie let out a long, long sigh and sat down on the bed.

“I don´t think that Wilmer wants me to talk about this but… I think it´s time for you to know and to understand him. It is not easy for him, you know?”

Demi sat down next to her new friend.

“Tell me, I beg you”

“Okay…. So… Wilmer married a woman some years ago. Her name was Christina… They married and had a daughter”

“Luna?”

“Exactly… Luna”

“And where´s Christina?”

“She died about a year ago. Cancer.” Stephanie stared at the ground, sighing.

“Oh my God, that´s sad”

“Yeah… Wilmer stopped smiling… He truly loved her… Luna still believes that her mother is alive even though we´ve told her millions of times she´s not here with us anymore. But she won´t believe us and she doesn´t want to talk… She just talks to her dad and to that bunny… Christina gave her that bunny so we´re guessing she thinks that the bunny is her mom or something…  And Wilmer just can´t be happy anymore… We tried him to meet other women but he rejects them, he turned into this jerk… To push people away and that´s why dad gave him this job so he could at least focus on something else instead of thinking of Chris, you know?”

Demi had the tears in her eyes. She immediately did not hate Wilmer anymore. She felt so sorry for him… And for little Luna.

“I… That´s horrible” Some tears fell down her cheeks.

“Demi, are you crying?” Stephanie laughed a little bit.

“Yeah, I´m sensible” Demi laughed a bit too, wiping her tears away.

“I´m so sorry for Wilmer and Luna. It must be hard for them”

“It is”

"And haven't you guys thought about a child therapist for Luna?" Demi asked. Stephanie nodded her head.

"Yeah but it does not help. We've tried three therapists and the three of them were hopeless"

Demi sighed, not knowing what to say.

"Poor little girl" She breathed out.

"Yeah... Let's hope she grows out of there. It's like she lives in her own world"

"I noticed..."

"Well... That's Wilmer and Luna's story and I gotta go becaaaause" She stretched out the 'a' while standing up.

"I got a date" She winked at Demi who smiled.

"Aw, have fun, girl"

Stephanie smiled and walked away.

Demi let her back hit the matrass. She felt exhausted but it was too soon to sleep so she went to the bathroom and took a shower.

After the shower, she went for a walk through the orphanage.

And suddenly, she saw him.

Wilmer was sitting on e bench, looking at Luna who played with her bunny.

She furrowed her brows since it was cold and wet outside and Wilmer let his little girl play outside.

Without really being aware of it, she walked up to him.

"Hey..." She mumbled. He looked at her and immediately seemed annoyed.

"What do you want?" He grunted.

"Nothing special" She shrugged and introduced her cold hands into the pockets of her jacket.

"Then go"

"What if I don't want to?"

"Look, I'm not in the mood"

"You're never in the mood" Her eyes traveled from his eyes to Luna who was feeding her toy with some grass.

"Is that a problem?"

"Not for me"

She sighed and sat down next to him.

"You're a weird guy, you know that, right?"

Demi did not really know why but she wanted to talk to him. She wanted to know him but he wasn't letting her do that.

"So what?"

"No, nothing..."

"You're annoying"

"Thanks"

He rolled his eyes.

"You know... I've been talking with my dad and it's impossible to fire you until a year passes by. You have a fucking one year contract so don't feel special because I don't fire you"

"Good to know. Don't worry, I won't feel special. I never do feel special so it's okay" Her eyes were still on Luna.

He looked at her and wanted to know the real meaning of her words.

How did she never feel special? She looked special... At least he found her pretty special... But he did not know how to express that.

Something did not let him.

.

----------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Heeey guyys!!!

I hope you're liking this story :)

School is starting soon (September 15th) and I won't be able to update a lot... So that sucks... But I'll try to update as much as possible!

I started a new fanfic which won't be really long but someone requested it on tumblr sooo... Well, please check it out ;)

→→→ http://w.tt/1lYtnRz ←←←

I love you.

                      xoxo♥