~Chapter 22~

Heyy here's a little update :) Thank you all so much for the happy birthday wishes. You guys really brought smiles to my face. Thanks!! Xxoox

Wilmer entered his room, hoping he could finally get some rest and relax but what he first heard when he closed the door behind him was his little daughter crying.

“Luna, sweetheart, what’s wrong?” He asked her, soon getting on his knees to look into her teary eyes.

“I… I can’t find my bunny” She cried. Wilmer sighed and took her in his arms.

“Shh, baby, it’s okay… It’s just a toy…” He whispered.

“It’s not just a toy, daddy… I need it…” Luna’s bottom lip trembled and so did her shoulders.

“You can live without it, baby, I know you can”

“No, daddy! I can’t! It’s the only thing that reminds me of mommy! I don’t want to forget mommy!” The tears kept falling down her rosy cheeks. Wilmer swallowed, trying to hold in his own tears.

“I miss mommy so much… But I’m starting to forget her... She’s not coming back, is she?”

Something inside Wilmer’s heart felt relieved. Finally, Luna had understood that her mom was not coming back. Never. But now he realised that, if Luna believed that Chris was gone, it was now even more real. And it hurt. It hurt bad.

“No… No, honey, she’s not coming back…”

“I want to see Demi, daddy… I want to be with her… She’s like mommy…” Her pleading eyes locked with Wilmers.

“Luna, Demi is not like your mother.” He coldly told her.

“She talks to me like Mom used to… She sings like mom… She…”

“Just shut up already! That bitch is nothing compared to your mother! Is that fucking clear? Now go to bed.” Without even being aware of it, he was yelling at his little girl.

Luna pressed her lips together and, soon, she started sobbing even louder.

“Go!” He added.

She looked down and walked away while tears streamed down her precious face.

Wilmer let his body fall on the couch while he took deep breaths. Why did he have to react like that?

He should be happy that his daughter could find a way to feel happy thanks to Demi.

But, somehow, he just couldn’t.

A nightmare caused Demi to wake up. Her chest was going up and down very fast, she was having some trouble with breathing.

Right when she was finally back to normal, she heard some light knocks on her door.

Confused and wondering who was there, she went to open the door.

Standing there in front of her was little Luna. Wearing her cute pink pajamas. But what cought Demi’s attention was her being there but the tears that were leaving her eyes.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Immediately, Demi took Luna in her arms and brought her inside.

“Demi, don’t let go off me” She sobbed into her chest while she wrapped her arms and legs around her music teacher.

“I won’t, baby girl, don’t you worry”

Demi sat down on the bed with Luna in her arms. She rubbed her back up and down, trying to comfort her.

“Mommy is never coming back…” She started talking softly while more tears left her eyes.

“No, baby” Demi whispered and placed a kiss on her head. “I miss her, Demi… I really do” Luna looked into Demi’s eyes.

“I know, doll, I know”

“I enjoy being by your side, Demi… You remind me of my mommy… But dad doesn’t like me being with you…” Luna hided her face in Demi’s chest. “He’s mean to me… He yelled at me…” Her voice broke at the end and two more tears rolled down her face.

“Luna… Listen to me, baby girl” Demi said, wiping Luna’s tears away and making her look her in the eye.

“Your daddy is really hurt because of what happened to your mommy. He doesn’t know what he’s doing. He doesn’t want to be like this, I can tell you that. He loves you so, so much”

“Sometimes I think he doesn’t love me anymore, Demi…”

“But that’s not true, princess. You’re what he loves the most. Really.”

“You know…” A little smile finally spread across Luna’s lips. “Tell me” Demi replied.

“He loves you too” Luna giggled.

Demi couldn’t help but open her mouth, shocked and surprised. She quickly shut her mouth and pretended not to be really bothered by it.

“Oh, really?” Luna nodded, amused. “And why does this little missy think that?” Demi poked her nose.

“Because he uses to call you while he sleeps”

Demi could feel her heart melting as a little smile took a place on her lips.