~Chapter 38~

“I can’t believe we did this” She laughed while looking for some clean clothes in her suitcase. He was already wearing his boxers and was about to throw a shirt on him.

“Same” He laughed back.

“Just promise me one thing” She said, walking up to him in her bathrobe.

“Anything” He said, showing her a little smile.

“Don’t regret what we did later, okay? I don’t want to get hurt… You have to know that I have feelings for you and you can not just mess with them” Demi explained.

He sighed and placed his hands on each side of her face, gently caressing her cheeks with her thumbs.

“I promise you, Demi, that I won’t hurt you. I won’t mess with your feelings and I certainly won’t regret what we did” Wilmer told her. She looked into his eyes before smiling and pressing her lips against is.

“Okay” She mumbled. “I love you Wilmer.”

Wilmer let out a sigh and opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by Luna storming into the room.

“Daddy!” She squealed and Wilmer pulled away from Demi to welcome his daughter in his arms. “Dad? Where are your pants?” The little girl asked, realizing his father was just wearing his boxers and a shirt. “Um…Luna, why don’t you wait for us downstairs?” Wilmer asked her daughter who nodded her head a bit confused but did what her dad was telling her.

Once Luna left, Demi and Wilmer’s cheeks where blushed. They got dressed and walked downstairs where everybody was about to watch a movie since it had started to rain outside.

The family spent the rest of the day inside, playing games, talking, watching movies.

He was already in bed doing something on his phone. She guessed he was just playing some stupid and silly game. The night stand light was on, giving the area a comfortable look.

Demi sighed as memories of what had happened just hours ago in the bathroom came back to her mind. She turned around with her back to the handsome yet quiet man laying on the king size bed behind her.

With slow moves, she started to undress and walked in her underwear toward the drawer where she had placed her clothes. She was looking for her pajamas when he finally said something.

“I have to admit, miss Lovato, that I really am enjoying this view” Wilmer commented. Demi turned around again, this time facing him while a smile crept to her mouth and a light blush painted her cheeks.

“Oh, I am happy to please your eyes then” She said before putting on her pajamas and walk to the bed where she lay next to him.

A sigh escaped her lips while he put away his phone.

Again, his voice filled the air.

“I had fun today” He said, bringing another smile to her face.

“Yeah, me too” She replied and placed her head on his chest as his arms firmly wrapped around her, making her feel protected.

“I think we can finally work this out” He whispered and placed a kiss on top of her head. “Maybe” She smiled and sighed again before closing her eyes.

“Good night, Wilmer”

“Good night, Hermosa” He replied making her heart melt.

~~~~~~~~~~~\

“Demi…Demi…”

A little voice calling her name and two tiny hands moving her body slowly made Demi open up her eyes.

“Luna? What’s wrong?” Demi asked in whispers, not wanting to wake Wilmer up. “I’m scared, Demi” She said as her voice trembled.

“Why are you scared, princess?” Demi wanted to know as she took the little girl in her arms and brought her close to her chest.

“I don’t know. I just am” Said Luna. Demi kissed her hair and noticed how Luna took a hold of Demi’s hands. She couldn’t help but smile as she remembered how shy Luna used to be and how comfortable she was now around Demi. It just made her so happy.

“You want me to tell you a story or something?” Demi asked her. Luna nodded her head. “Sing to me?”

Demi smiled and started to sing quietly.

But it was not quiet enough because it woke Wilmer up. Yet he didn’t do anything for her to notice. He just lay there, listening to her beautiful song as his heart warmed. She really was good for his daughter. They really needed Demi around.

He couldn’t do it alone. He needed her.

“I love you, little one” Demi whispered when Luna fell asleep.

“You’re great” Wilmer suddenly whispered in her ear before kissing her cheek and wrapping his arms around her waist while she still held Luna.

Demi’s back was now against Wilmer’s chest.

“Did I wake you up?” She asked quietly. “Yes but I’m happy you did. You’re absolutely perfect”  

“Why do you think that?”

“I don’t think it. I know it. I’m sure about it, Dem”

“Why thanks” She shyly spoke.

“I love you” He said but she couldn’t reply to that because she was too tired so she just closed her eyes.