~Chapter 54~

"Mrs. Lovato?" Laura asked while knocking on Demi's door.

"Hello?" Demi opened the door and stared at the woman standing behind it. "Hello Demi" She said.

"I'm Luna's therapist. Laura Kyle." The woman introduced herself. Demi smiled and took Laura's eyes and shaking it. "Oh yes, Luna has told me about you"

"She talks a lot about you, Demi. That's why I'm here, you are a huge part of her life." Laura explained.

"Mm... Okay. What do you think about getting some coffee and talk about it?" Suggested Demi. Laura agreed and they headed toward the café.

"So... What did you want to talk about?" Demi asked with a cup of coffee in her hands.

"About Luna of course"

Demi chuckled.

"I know" She added.

Laura sighed and took a sip of her coffee before starting to talk.

"Look. I know Wilmer messed up badly but you need to get over your shit and forgive him. For Luna"

Demi looked down. She knew Laura was right but it wasn't that easy for her.

"I know but..."

"Let me just ask you one thing" Laura stated, interrupting the younger woman. The therapist picked her cup of coffee up and took a careful sip out of it before putting her eyes on Demi's.

Demi prepared herself for Laura's question.

"Do you love him?" Laura asked while putting her coffee down and then intertwining her fingers.

"I..."

"Come on Demi"

"I..." Nervousness was taking over Demi. Although she knew her answer very well, too well I'd say, she felt strange.

Okay Demi. Just do this. She told herself before taking a deep breath and filling her soul with strength.

"Yes. I do. I love him a lot" She eventually replied, taking a light smile out of Laura's lips. "That's what I thought." Grinned the woman.

"Okay we're done here. Listen, I'm going to prepare something for you two, a date, and you will be attending, is that clear?"

Demi nodded her head while she saw how Laura took her last sip of coffee and stood up.

"See you next time, Miss Lovato, it was a pleasure talking to you" Laura extended her hand towards Demi, who stood up and took the hand to gently shake it. "Thank you, same to you" She replied, still a bit confused about what had just happened.

When Laura flashed a smile towards her and then left, she sat down back on her chair.

How had that woman been able to talk her into attending that date?

Demi guessed it was time for forgiveness and finally go back to the man she loved.

-

"Do I look good?" Demi asked her reflection in the mirror.

If her own reflection could answer her, it would say that she looked fabulous. That blue dressed hugged her curves amazingly, and her hair looked great, and she had a special glow on her face, and those shoes she was wearing made her legs look even more perfect, and... She just looked fabulous.

She heard three knocks on her door. Demi put on her lipstick and smacked her lips together before walking towards the door. Behind it was standing Laura.

"Okay, this is it. You can do this. I know it's hard but you can do this"

Demi smiled.

"I know. I'm kinda looking forward for it" She honestly replied.

"Good. That's good" Laura answered. "You look amazing, by the way" That commente brought a smile to her mouth. "Well thank you very much Laura" She said. "Anytime. Let's go?" Laura added. Demi nodded, grabbed her purse and left with Luna's therapist.

They approached a restaurant. It looked fancy and Demi kind of liked that, she'd never been in a restaurant like that.

"Are you ready?" Laura asked once the car was parked. "Completely" Demi replied excited. Laura smiled. "Okay. Have a good time"

Demi got out of the car and headed towards the restaurant. The waitress guided her towards her table where Wilmer was already waiting for her.

It took a lot of strength for Demi to not to gasp. He looked amazing.

"Hello, Demi" He said, standing up for her and coming a few steps closer to the woman.

His eyes where looking into hers. She looked so, so beautiful.

"You look beautiful" He said, hugging her tightly. She smiled and pulled away gentlh. "Thanks. You're looking great too" She answered and they sat down.

They stared into each others eyes until a waiter came up to them and gave them both a glass of wine and took their orders.

While waiting for their food, he put his hand on hers.

"I like this place" She giggled, looking around. "I know, me too. Laura's taste is great"

"Yeah, I think so too" Demi replied, looking down at their hands.

"Oh, um, do you want me to take my hand away?" He asked, noticing what she was looking at. "No." She smiled at him. "I like it" She added and he smiled back.