Chapter 24

"Demi, wait" She heard him saying.

Letting out a sigh, she turned around and faced him. He rubbed his forehead before standing up and walking up to her.

"Thanks for taking care of Luna... I... I'm sorry if I am an asshole... I don't want to be like this... I..." He sighed again as he was starting to feel desperate.

"No, Wilmer, it's okay. I know you're hurt because of what happened to your wife and that's completely understandable..."

He looked down.

"I won't disturb you anymore... I swear... I just wanted to be your friend" A part of her knew she was lying but another one knew that being his friend was something she wanted to.

"Yeah... But I suck at being friends with anyone" he told her.

Demi sighed once again and then their eyes met.

"Don't worry about that... Let's be friends..."

"Okay..." Wilmer replied and came closer to her. At first, she moved away but, at the end, she let things happen.

His lips touched hers in a gently way. After a few seconds, she pushed him away.

"Why?" She asked, clearly confused and a bit angry too. "You hurt me just a few hours ago, telling me how shitty I am and now you just kiss me after talking about being friends? I honestly don't understand you"

"Look, Demi, I neither do understand myself... I don't know why I kissed you... I swear to God that I don't feel anything for you... Let's start again, yeah?"

"I don't think it's worthy"

"Demi, please, I know I'm a dickhead but I really do need you... Well, Luna does... She loves you so much and I need you to help me control her... I don't want to lose her, you know?"

She smiled a little bit and ended up nodding her head.

"Okay. Hey, I'm Demi" She acted like they had just met.

"Hey, Demi, nice to meet you. My name is Wilmer" He smiled and offered her his hand. She happily took it and gently shook it.

After talking about anything for about an hour, Demi decided it was time to go back to her room so she said good bye to Wilmer.

She found this all a bit weird and confusing but she would do anything for that little girl called Luna. Luna kind of reminded her of her little sister, the one she missed a lot...

"Demi? What are you doing here?" It was Josh. She smiled at him. "I... Um... I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk"

"Oh, same over here" He laughed a bit as he came closer to her. "Would you like to have breakfast tomorrow with me?" He asked, slowly taking her hand in his.

Demi swallowed and ended up nodding her head lightly.

"Yeah, why not?" She replied as her eyes put themselves on their locked hands.

"Cool. See you tomorrow then" He smiled and winked at her before letting go of her hand and walking away.

She sighed and entered her room where she let her tired body hit her bed.

All she could think about was Wilmer telling her that he needed her help. She thought it was cute how he managed to stop being an asshole for his daughter. How he tried to be near someone who he hated but his daughter loved.

And, although she knew that she wouldn't be able to forget her feelings towards Wilmer, she had to try to be just his friend. For Luna.

If she tried to be something else, Wilmer would be angry again and that would only be bad for Luna. Of course, it would be bad for her heart too but she didn't really care about that. It was all about Luna.

Soon enough, her tired eyes finally got closed and she fell asleep.

The next morning, she got into a shower and put on some clothes before leaving her room and walking towards the cantine.

Josh was already there, wearing his usual smile.

"Morning" She happily said as her eyes looked down at the table where her breakfast was already placed. She took a seat next to him.

"Good morning, Demi" He replied. "Mmm, this looks delicious" She said as she started to eat.

"Yeah, that's what I thought" Josh told her, giggling as he started eating his breakfast too.

"Good morning" They both turned their faces around towards Wilmer, who had just greeted them.

"Good morning, Wilmer" Josh said. Demi just smiled at him, not really being able to hide her happiness for seeing him. "Morning, Wilmer" She ended up saying. He smiled.

"Do you guys mind if I sit here with you two?" He asked, already taking a place in front of Demi.

Josh rolled his eyes.

"Actually, we're on a mini date" He told Wilmer who chuckled lightly annoyed.

"Dates aren't allowed in this school, you know?" Wilmer explained as he took his cup of coffee and brought it to his lips.

"Why not? That's ridiculous" Josh looked at Demi, hoping she would say something to help him. But her eyes where glued on Wilmer.

"Well... There are plenty of reasons but... The main reason is because I'm the boss here so y'all do what the boss wants."

"It's ridiculous"

"You can skip rules but... I'll fire you if you do... So you better not keep having 'mini dates' or whatever you wanna call it. Is that clear?" Wilmer looked seriously at Josh and then, almost without wanting it, his eyes travelled from Josh to Demi.

"Of course, boss" Josh said, still annoyed.

"Good" Wilmer smiled as he reminded himself to add a new rule to the rules list.

{Teachers can't have any romantic relationship with other teachers.}

He didn't really know why but he hated to see Demi near that Josh guy...