~Chapter 21~

“Then what the fuck do you want?” He spat out.

“Seriously, Wilmer?”

He rolled his eyes.

“What?” Wilmer sounded annoyed.

“You really don’t know what I want to talk about?” She asked, a bit surprised. He shook his head.

“Okay, listen to me” She got a bit closer to him and started to talk. “So you think it’s fine to just fuck me and then, when you find out about it because you happened to be drunk, you just run away and then come back like nothing had happened? You think that’s normal?”

“Because I didn’t want to fuck you” He mumbled, making her let out an ironic laugh. “And that’s my fault? I didn’t want to fuck you neither yet I did not run away… And do you wanna know why?”

“Surprise me” He chuckled.

“Because I am not a fucking coward” She looked into his cold eyes.

“I’m not a coward” He replied, pissed off.

“Ha! Of course you are! Why would you run away if you weren’t? You could’ve just faced it instead of blaming it all on me!”

Wilmer looked down for some seconds and looked into her eyes.

“Let me tell you something, Wilmer Valderrama, you were the one who started to flirt with me. If you wanna blame what happened on someone, blame it on you.”

“You’re so stupid, oh my God, I don’t even know why the fuck I had sex with someone like you… I hate you so, so much. I just wish this year could pass by faster so I don’t have to see your nasty face anymore”

Demi looked down and, when she looked up at him again, some tears left her eyes and rolled down her cheeks, shocking him. He surely didn’t expect her to cry.

“Wilmer, I…” She sighed and wiped her tears away, feeling bad for crying. She didn’t want to show him her real feelings but she couldn’t handle it anymore. “I might have feelings for you, okay? I… I swear to God that I didn’t want to have sex with you like that! I wasn’t even sure if I had fallen for you back then! I’m still not really sure about that… But when you were drunk you were so nice to me… So sweet… It was like you had feelings for me… I think that, deep inside, you feel something for me… I…” A sigh escaped her lips while more tears left her eyes to roll down her cheeks.

Wilmer, stayed quiet for a couple of seconds but, finally, he got closer to her.

“Listen, bitch… I don’t have a single feeling for you… Only hate… I freaking hate you, Demetria Lovato, got it? I only love one woman and she’s Christina… And Luna… I don’t need anybody else so stop thinking about me, yeah?”

Although he was saying those things, he knew that his heart was telling him something else. Seeing her cry was killing him inside. All he wanted to do was hold her in his arms and tell her that he loved her… But he couldn’t… He wasn’t brave enough.

Demi was right, he was a coward.

Slowly, she walked up to the door.

“I would love to leave the school, Wilmer… But I need this job… I need the job… But I promise you that I will disappear from your life when my contract ends, okay?”

After saying that, she walked out of there, leaving Wilmer behind.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

He had hurt her and he knew it.

“You’re such an asshole” Wilmer said to himself as he punched the wall with angriness.

Tears streamed down her face, soaking her cheeks while her bottom lip trembled and she was trying hard to mute her sobs. But, eventually, everything was too much to cope and she couldn’t hold it in anymore so her back soon hit the wall and she let herself fall.

Demi hid her face behind her hands and started sobbing uncontrollably.

“I love him… I can’t deny it…” She whispered to herself while her shoulders were shaking.

“Demi! What’s going on? Is everything alright?” A very worried Josh immediately sat down next to her.

Her teary eyes looked at him.

“I… I… Yes… Everything’s alright…” She stuttered.

“Really? It doesn’t look like everything’s alright” He placed his hand on her shoulder. Demi took one big sigh before looking down.

“I’m just really tired, that’s all” She tried her best to stop crying. She didn’t want Josh to know about her feelings for Wilmer.

“Aw, that’s bad, doll”

“Yeah, I guess” Demi wiped her tears away before giving him one little smile and then getting up with his help.

“You need to rest, baby girl.” Josh told her, smiling while he brought his hand close to her cheek to caress her and wipe away the last tears. “Yeah, I should rest… See you tomorrow, Josh” She turned around and walked away.

Yes, she thought Josh was cute but she still wasn’t able to feel comfortable around him.

Everything in her mind was a mess. She knew that Josh was right, she needed to rest. All these past days had been really hard for her due to Wilmer leaving and now suddenly coming back and making her feel like shit.

Carefully, she lay on her bed and closed her brown and tired eyes and, not much time later, she fell asleep.