~Chapter 48~

As soon as they arrived at the school, Demi helped to put Luna into bed and she planned to leave as soon as possible but Wilmer stopped her before she crossed the door.

"Forgive me, Demi. I love you"

Demi sighed and looked into his eyes before getting rid of the hand that held her arm.

"No Wilmer. Of course I can forgive you but I'll never forget what you did." She calmly explained.

Wilmer looked down.

"I can't live without you" He whispered without strength.

"You could've thought about that before fucking Patricia" Demi stated before turning around and walking away.

-

More days passed by and everything was still the same.

Everytime Demi saw Wilmer, a little part of her died painfully and the same happened to him.

"Maybe you should take Luna to a child therapist... Again" Wilmer's sister told him one day while they were drinking some coffee.

"It's all my fault..." Wilmer was every day more depressed, the guilt was causing him to fall into a huge hole where only Demi and Luna couls get him out off.

-

"Hey Luna, how are you feeling today?" Demi asked the little girl. She was sitting on a bench in the gardens with a doll in her hands, staring at its eyes.

Demi sat beside her.

"What a beautiful doll" Demi commented. Luna smiled a tiny bit.

-

Wilmer decided to call the therapist a few days later and the woman gladly came.

"Hello Mr. Valderrama. It's a pleasure to see you" The woman said. "My name is Laura Kyle"

"Nice to meet you" Wilmer replied. "Nice to meet you too" She replied while her eyes travelled throgh the whole room.

"So, where's the girl?" Laura eventually asked. "In her room" Wilmer replied, pointing at a door.

"Do you mind if I get in there. By my own?"

Wilmer shook his head and sat down on the sofa, not really knowing what to do anymore. The only thing he could think about was Demi and Luna.

----

"Hello there." Laura said. Luna looked at the strange woman with big eyes. "Can I come in?" Laura asked. The girl looked away.

Laura took that as a yes and got into the room, gently closing the door behind her back.

"How are you?" She asked as she carefully took a place next to Luna on the bed. Luna kept quiet.

Laura stared at the girl. She looked so vulnerable.

"Hey, you can trust me, okay?" Laura whispered.

Luna looked at the woman and shook her head.

"No? I think you can"

Luna again shook her head.

"Is there anyone you trust?"

She did not get any kind of reply.

"What about your daddy?"

"Demi" Luna muttered quietly.

Laura nodded.

"Okay that's good. Is she nice to you?" Laura asked. Luna just nodded her head.

-----

"Mr. Valderrama?" Wilmer heard his name being called and, before he could do anything, Laura was sitting next to him.

"So... Um... I've talked to your daughter and... I need to ask you a few questions if that's okay with you"

Wilmer nodded his head and let out a little sigh before putting his attention on the woman.

"Has Luna gone through a shocking event or something?"

"Her mother died" He muttered. "A little more than a year ago"

"Oh. Has she been like this since then?"

Wilmer sighed again and ended up shaking his head.

"Um... Not exactly"

"What happened? You need to tell me the truth, Mr. Valderrama." Laura looked seriously.

"She started being like this when her mother died. But then Demi came into our lifes..."

Laura nodded her head.

"She changed her. Demi helped her. And she helped me but..." Wilmer went quiet and looked down, embarrased.

"But?"

"I messed up and... Cheated on her... And Luna saw this."

Laura gasped but soon tried to act normally.

"Oh"

"Yeah. I was having sex with another woman. Luna saw it and ran away and she's been like this since that event"

Laura wrote something down before taking off her glasses and looking straight into Wilmer's eyes.

"You better keep this Demi girl around if you want your daughter back. Demi is the only one that Luna trusts at the moment" The woman spoke calmly.

Wilmer nodded his head.

"But she hates me..."

"Well, you need to talk about it with her. I'll come back tomorrow." Laura got up, grabbed her stuff and left.

Wilmer looked at the ceiling for some minutes until he decided it was time to talk to Demi.

In a matter of minutes, he was in front of her door, knocking on it.

"Come in" He heard her saying so he did that and what he saw there left him shocked and confused.

A suitcase was opened on the bed, half filled by clothes and Demi was putting all of her stuff in there.