~Chapter 2~

Someone knocking on her door, caused her eyes to get open. She quickly left the bed, fixed her clothes and hair and went to open the door.

Behind it there was a woman. She was pretty, her hair was dark brown and very long and wavy.

“Miss Lovato?” The woman spoke and Demi immediately could notice the latino accent she had also noticed in Balbino´s talking.

Demi gave the woman a gentle smile. The woman smiled back.

“My name is Stephanie.”

Another smile was given to Balvino´s daughter.

“Nice to meet you. I´m Demi” Said Demi.

“Nice to meet you too, Demi” Stephanie replied with a beautiful smile on her lips. “Come on, I will show you the building, okay?”

Demi nodded and left her room with Stephanie.

“Well, I´m going to be completely honest with you, Demi” Stephanie started talking, immediately getting Demi´s attention.

“You did not come in the right moment, girl” Said the woman. “Why?” Demi wanted to know, starting to be confused.

“Well, my dad´s getting too old to keep working and now my brother is gonna take the job… And he´s not going through a bright moment in his life… So he isn´t an easy boss… He´s not the same man he used to be, you know?”

“Oh… Um… Okay, I´ll see how to deal with that I guess” Demi mumbled, introducing her cold hands in the pockets of her jacket.

Stephanie showed the entire building to Demi.

It was definitely a beautiful place and she could not wait until she could meet the children. She actually loved children.

“And… When am I going to meet the children?” She decided to ask once they were at the canteen, drinking some coffee.

“Tomorrow, when your work starts” Stephanie told her, sipping her hot coffee.

“Okay…”

“Are you nervous?” She asked.

“Yeah, kind of… This is my first job so…”

“Awww, really? How old are you if I can ask?”

“21. Sure I got more jobs but nothing serious like this, you know?”

“Yeah, I feel you” Stephanie said while Demi brought her cup of coffee close to her lips to take a sip out of it.

Demi looked all around the canteen. It was big and there were lots of large tables. The walls were painted with a light orange color.

And, suddenly, her eyes caught something in a corner of the canteen.

A little girl was sitting there on the ground, facing the wall. She had something in her hands but Demi couldn´t know what it was.

“That´s Luna” Stephanie whispered in Demi´s ear while her eyes kept looking at the little girl. Something in her heart broke into pieces just by seeing that child.

“Is there…?” Demi had lots of questions about Luna but Stephanie quickly shut her up. “I can´t tell you, Demi. You´ll find out later”

Demi sighed and obligated her eyes to stop looking at the girl who kept sitting there whispering to what seemed to be a teddy bear.

“Can I go and talk to her?” Demi asked Stephanie, looking at her with pleading eyes. But Stephanie shook her head. “No, you can´t” She said.

Demi was now completely confused.

When they finished their coffees, Stephanie leaded her towards what was going to be her classroom.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw that awful room.

“I know, it´s horrible” Stephanie said in an apologize tone.

The walls were grey and looked like they were about to crash down.

The tables looked very old and most of them were broken. Same with the chairs.

There was no piano, no guitar… Just a few percussion instruments.

“But… Why is this classroom so awful and the rest of them are so… Beautiful?”

“Well… My dad wanted to make this classroom look better too but… My stupid brother didn´t want that to happen… So… This is why this classroom is a mess”

“But… Your brother is not the boss!”

“I know, but he´ll be very soon”

“I hope you don´t mind this… But I hate your brother already!” Demi laughed, making the other woman laugh too.

“Yeah, I don´t blame you” Stephanie took a deep breath and handed her a brown suitcase. “These are the books you´ll need”

“Okay, thanks… How many kids are there in this orphanage?”

“Not that many… Most of them are still babies so they don´t come to school… You´ll only have like ten in your classroom”

Demi gasped.

“Woah, that´s weird… But it´s good!”

“Yeah, definitely… So you can get used to be a teacher” Stephanie giggled. “Come on, it´s almost dinner time, you must be starving”