~Chapter 4~

Nervousness was the main thing she was feeling as she walked towards the canteen, where everyone was waiting for her. To meet her.

Her hands were sweating and trembling so she quickly hide them in the inside of her pockets.

She didn´t know why but she was scared of what they would think about her. She had always that fear when she met new people.

A deep breath was taken by her before she opened the doors and entered the place.

They all welcomed her with warm smiles.

“Guys, this is Demi, the new music teacher!” Stephanie announced and they all immediately walked up to her and started introducing themselves.

Demi looked around the place, looking for Wilmer, but she didn´t see him.

“And your brother?” Demi asked Stephanie as she sat down by her side. Stephanie shrugged. “Who knows”

Demi shrugged too and decided to forget about that and enjoy the dinner.

And so, Demi´s nervousness faded away and she was able to make a few friends.

When she though it was getting too late and she didn´t want to be late again the next day, she said goodbye and headed towards her bedroom.

While walking through the hallway, she heard some light sobs so she stopped walking and followed the sound.

In a corner was little Luna. Sitting on the ground, hugging her bunny while tears streamed down her precious face.

Demi ran up to her and kneeled down in front of her.

“Hey, Luna, baby, what´s wrong?” Demi asked. Luna´s big wet eyes met hers.

“Luna, you can talk to me. It´s ok”

“Daddy yelled at me…”

Her voice like a sweet whisper.

Demi opened her mouth to talk but a voice behind her stopped there.

“Luna, here you are” Demi got up and saw Wilmer standing there. She gasped.

Out of all the men in the world, she had never ever expected that Wilmer would be Luna´s father.

“Why the hell did you yell at your little daughter?” Demi asked, placing her hands on her hips for emphasis.

Wilmer gave her one annoyed look and went to take Luna in his arms.

Luna immediately wrapped her little arms around his dad´s neck.

“None of your fucking business, bitch” Wilmer hissed and turned around before walking away with his daughter.

“Daddy´s sorry, sweetie. Can you forgive him?” Wilmer whispered but it was loudly enough for Demi to hear.

Demi noticed Luna nodding her head and Wilmer kissing her cheek before they disappeared from her view.

She sighed and walked towards her room as confusion filled up her mind.

Once she was there, she put on her pajamas and lay face up on the bed.

She wondered why he had yelled at his daughter… Although she knew that it was none of her business, she wanted to know that little girl better. She wanted to know why she didn´t talk to the other children… She wanted to know why her eyes held back so much pain.

But first, Luna needed to trust her. Demi needed to let the girl see that she could trust her, that she was going to be there for her. No matter what.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Good morning, kids!” She chanted while entering the classroom. Once again., she was a little bit late and she had mentally punched her own face several times before entering the classroom because of that.

“Good morning, Demi!” All the kids said back.

Demi´s eyes looked around the classroom, looking for Luna. But she wasn´t there.

“So… Where´s our little Luna?” She asked the rest of the children while placing her stuff on her bureau.

None of the kids replied. They just shrugged.

Demi sighed and started with the lesson.

Like 30 minutes later, the heard a few knocks on the door.

“Come in” Demi said. The door flew open and Wilmer appeared there. Next to him was Luna.

“Here is Luna” Wilmer said, let Luna there and left the place without saying any more words.

Luna stared at Demi with her big brown eyes. Demi shook her head in confusion, no really getting why the heck Wilmer was like that.

The teacher went towards Luna.

“Hey,. Baby how are you?” Luna, as usual, did not reply. “Okay, go sit down in your place, yeah?”

Luna nodded her head and walked away.