~Chapter 20~

Slowly, Luna opened her eyes and the first thing she did after rubbing them was look around herself, trying to figure out where she was since she did not recognise that place at all.

She sat up on the huge bed where she had been sleeping on and that’s when she saw her dad sitting on the edge of the bed, with his back to her.

“Daddy?” Her soft and sleepy voice made him turn around. He looked tired. “Hey, princess” Wilmer forced one smile towards her.

The little girl crawled towards her dad and got on his lap. He kissed the top of her head. Her brown eyes locked with his, looking for answers and when she didn’t find them, she asked.

“Dad, where are we?” Luna asked rubbing her right eye with the back of her hand.

Wilmer sighed, not really knowing what to answer.

He looked away, noticing every single feature of the room. The beige walls, the red carpet that lay on the floor, he looked through the window where he could see the moon in the dark night sky.

“Dad?” Luna made him look at her again. Wilmer took a deep breath and rubbed his forehead before answering. “I needed a break from work, that’s all. Where at your granny’s house” He

explained. Luna smiled big.

“Granny’s house? Can I see her?” Sleepiness had now disappeared from her while she was about to jump off of him and run towards the door.

But her father quickly stopped her.

“No, Luna, you can’t. She’s asleep.”

She looked down and pouted. “Tomorrow, okay, sweetheart?”

She nodded her head to her dad’s words.

One entire month passed by and Demi felt more and more confused every day that passed by. She tried not to think about Wilmer and Luna but everything reminded her of them.

And she also felt really guilty.

At the end of the day, that was Wilmer and Luna’s place and she had invaded it. Maybe she should just go and look for another place?

But, on the other hand, she wanted to wait for him and talk.

Demi had already decorated the music classroom thanks to Nick.

They had painted the walls with a light violet colour and they had brought some instruments. The kids had helped her to put on some cool music posters and everything looked so nice.

Even Stephanie liked it even though she kept saying that Wilmer would be really angry.

“Demi! Miss Lovato!” A voice called after her when she was walking through the hallway towards her room.