~Chapter 70~

A week later...

"Mommy?" Luna walked into her brothers' room, looking for Demi.

"Yes, princess?" Demi had just placed a sleeping Heyden down in his baby crib next to Kyle's.

"Where's daddy?" The little girl asked, coming closer to her mom.

"He's working..." Demi took her phone out of her pocket to check the time and realized that Wilmer should have arrived an hour ago. "Mm.. Weird" She mumbled to herself.

"What's weird, mommy?" Luna's big eyes stared at Demi.

"Nothing, darling" Sighed the young woman before taking Luna in her arms and carrying her outside the room.

"Let's put you in the bath tub and then in bed, okay?" Demi said trying to smile despite the worry she was feeling.

"But mom..."

Demi ignored Luna's whines and brought her to the bathroom where the girl bathed with Demi's help.

"Are you gonna read me a story before going to bed?" Luna asked while brushing her tiny teeth.

"Yes for sure, I always do, don't I?" Demi said while typing the third text to Wilmer asking him where he was.

"Cinderella?"

"Yes baby" Demi mumbled, too focused on her phone.

"Done" Luna placed her tooth brush down and looked at Demi, ready to go back to the bedroom.

"Mhm..."

"I finished brushing my teeth, mommy"

"Mhm..."

"Mom!" Luna yelled, making Demi stop looking at the screen of her phone to look at her daughter.

"Sorry sweetie..." She blocked her phone and put it back in her pocket. "Let's go read Cinderella, what do you think about that?"

Luna smiled.

"Yay!" She ran toward her room with Demi following her from behind.

-

Demi hadn't finished reading the book when Luna was getting way too sleepy.

"Mommy..." She mumbled.

"Yeah?" Demi kissed Luna's forehad.

"I don't want to fall asleep without daddy's goodnight kiss" She pouted.

"Go to sleep baby, it's okay, I'll tell him to give you your kiss when he arrives, alright?"

Luna wanted to hesitate at first but then she seemed to be okay with it because she simply closed her eyes.

"Sweet dreams, baby girl" Demi whispered and kissed her cheek before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her.

Like ten minutes later, Demi heard the door getting opened.

"Where were you?" She asked when Wilmer came into the house. He could guess by the tone of her voice that she was annoyed. "You're two hours late, Wilmer!"

He just laughed lightly.

"Why are you even laughing?"

"Hey sis calm down" Dallas came into the house with a bag in her arms.

"What are you doing here?" Demi was confused.

"Just chill Dem!" Laughed Dallas and placed her bag down.

"Come" Wilmer took Demi's hand and leaded her toward the door.

"Where?" She asked. "But I'm not dressed" Complained Demi as she looked at her white pajama dress.

"Don't worry about that" He answered. "Just come with me. Dallas will look after the kids" He explained.

Demi looked at her older sister, who nodded her head at Demi to reassure her it was under control.

"Okay then" Demi sighed and Wilmer took her out of there and into the car.