~Chapter 26~

All he could focus on were her lips. Those plump lips he had been dreaming about several times and now that they were so close, now that he had the chance to kiss her, he couldn’t let it go.

“Wilmer… What are you…?” She whispered even though she was praying for the kiss to happen soon.

“Shh” He caressed her lips with his fingertips. She stared into his eyes as she tried to figure out what to do.

Of course she wanted to kiss him but, at the same time, she wanted to push him away and remind him of their friendship.

But he was so perfect. His short dark hair, the way he shaved his beard, how his fingers caressed her lips, making her feel so good… Everything was great and she didn’t want to ruin it.

He moved his fingers towards her neck where he drew one imaginary heart while his eyes were looking into hers. Demi threw her head to one side so he could keep drawing those hearts on her neck. She closed her eyes to that amazing touch.

“Would you think I’m weird if I kissed you?” He asked in a whisper, causing her to open her eyes and look into his with love.

“Yes but it doesn’t matter… Just kiss me already” She whispered back, soon wrapping her arms around his neck in a gentle way. He half smiled before taking a hold of her waist and carefully and tenderly placed his lips on hers.

The kiss started slowly, their lips were moving in synchronization while one of his hands moved from her waist to her cheek where he lovingly stroked without breaking the kiss.

Everything inside their brains was going crazy and it felt like a bunch of butterflies were flying around their stomachs.

It felt weird, yet right.

After some seconds, his tongue decided to ask for entrance and she gladly let him in. His tongue explored the inside of her mouth and, soon, met her tongue and danced along with it to the rhythm of the beat of their hearts.

Demi’s fingers played with the short hairs on the back of Wilmer’s neck while they kept kissing. It was like time had stopped, like they were in another world.

She tried to look for the taste of alcohol in his mouth but she didn’t find it so that meant he was sober.

Slowly, they pulled away. His hands on her waist, her hands around his neck. Their eyes were colliding as smiles invaded their faces.

“I thought we were friends, Mr. Valderrama” She teased, never letting go of her smile.

“I know, Miss Lovato, that’s exactly what we are” He giggled.

“Then why did you kiss me, Mr. Valderrama?” She raised one eyebrow playfully. “Because I wanted to, Miss Lovato” He smartly replied and pecked her lips.

“Okay then… So we’re friends?”

“Yes” He said with a smile.