~Chapter 9~

She could feel her heart about to pop out of her chest since it was beating like crazy. Demi brought the phone close to her ear and nervously waited.

“Hello?” Her mother’s voice talked on the other side of the phone line.

“Hey… It’s Demi” She shyly said.

There were a few moments of silence before Demi’s mother decided to reply.

“What do you want, Demetria?” the woman harshly asked. Demi swallowed.

“Can I talk to Madison?” She directly asked.

Dianna, Demi’s mother, sighed.

“No. That is not possible”

Tears accumulated in the inside of Demi’s brown eyes.

“But… She’s my sister, I have the right to…”

“You lost that right. Goodbye”

And the phone call ended.

Demi felt her heart breaking into millions of pieces.

She sat down on a bench and looked at the moon.

Before she could do anything to stop it, the tears started to roll down her face.

She missed her little sister a lot. She wanted to have Maddie in her arms… She wanted to be by her side…

Sobs escaped her body, making her shoulders shake. Demi put her hands in front of her face.

“Are you okay?” A voice made her look up.

Wilmer was standing there.

“Yes” Her voice was hoarse so she cleared her throat. “Yes” She said again, gaining her normal voice back.

He rubbed his forehead and dared to look into her eyes.

He saw sadness.

“It doesn’t look like you’re okay”

She was surprised. Why did he even care? Where was his jerk attitude?

“What’s up with you? Why are you acting like you care?” She asked as her eyes looked at him.

“I don’t know…” He breathed out and decided to sit down by her side.

“I know I use to be an asshole but… Tonight I’m tired of it, you know?”