~Chapter 53~

"Let's start again" He whispered while her head rested on his bare chest. Their naked bodies were tangled together on the bed. There was water almost everywhere since they had gone to bed right after the shower.

"I can't..." She whispered.

His strong arms were wrapped around her and they felt like home for her.

"You can try"

"I've already tried by doing this" Demi replied, looking up at him. "And did it feel good?" He asked.

"Hell yeah. You're amazing in bed but... It is the after what scares me"

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused, while he ran his fingers through her wet hair.

"I mean... While having sex I can forget what you did... While kissing too... But after we've made love or kissed... Reality comes back to me... And it kills me every time." She sat up, getting rid of his arms. "And I will have to ask you to leave now" She added, wrapping the sheets around her naked body.

"Please. I can't even look at you anymore" She whispered, looking down.

He sighed.

"What can I do to make this up to you? What can I do for you to forgive me?"

"I don't know" She replied, feeling the tears building up in her eyes.

"Demi I really want to fix this. I..." He let out a sigh. He didn't even know what to say anymore.

"I know. Me too, Wilmer, believe me. I know you're sorry but it's all up to me now." Demi explained as her teary eyes made contact with his. "I'm trying hard to forget what happened between you and Patricia but I just can't. I'm really hurt. My heart trusted you. I am so fucking in love with you Wilmer." The tears were now falling down her cheeks.

He swallowed before putting his body closer to hers. He cupped her cheeks in his hands.

"I promise you, Demetria, that I'll never ever let you down again. I only love you." He whispered and kissed her tears before looking into her eyes.

Demi saw the truth in his eyes. He meant it.

She looked fragile and he was now really scared to break her so he caressed her face carefully. She closed her eyes while his fingers made their way down to her shoulders, still touching her skin as if it was made of some rare material that could break anytime soon if he was not careful enough.

"I love you" He whispered for what it felt like the hundredth time but she never got tired of hearing it.

"I love you too" She answered in a weak whisper. Slowly, she opened her brown eyes and gently pushed him some inches away. "Give me some time, yeah?"

He nodded his head.

"Go now, Wilmer" She added. He nodded again and got up to collect his clothes, then put them on and leave.

Once she was alone, she pulled the covers on top of her and sighed as her eyes looked at the ceiling.

The only thing he wanted was her forgiveness and her love. He needed her by his side. He had felt her so close not long ago and all he could think about was having her in his arms again soon.
Her broken look was now stuck in his mind and he knew he wouldn't be able to survive if he broke her one more time. Now he needed to fix her and then treat her right for the rest of his life.

When Wilmer entered his room, he saw Luna sitting on the couch with Laura.

"Hello" He said, bringing a smile to his face. Luna's eyes met her father's but she quickly looked away to look at Laura again. Wilmer went to his bedroom and closed the door behind him without adding anything else but a kind smile to Laura and his daughter.

Not much later, he heard some knocks on his door so he went to open. Laura was standing there.

"Mr. Valderrama, I need to talk to you" She said. Wilmer nodded and they went to the couch. Luna was playing in her room.

"You and Demi need to get back together. Luna's afraid of loosing her. She needs you both. Demi is like a mother for her. And... You cheated on her, isn't it?"

Wilmer looked down, ashamed, but ended up nodding his head.

"Yes. I'm an asshole"

"Maybe" Laura replied. "It's all in your hands, Valderrama"

"I know... I'm trying to fix things between Demi and I"

Laura nodded her head.

"Go talk to your daughter and try to win her back." Explained Laura. "I'm going to talk to this Demi girl" She added before standing up and walking away after asking him where she couls find the young woman.

Wilmer sighed and went into Luna's room after knocking on her door.

"Hey there little princess" He said gently as he sat down in front of her on the ground.

"Hey..." She whispered.

"I know I'm an idiot, baby. What you saw me doing with Patricia was something I should not have done..." he took a deep breath. Luna's big eyes were on him. "Listen to me, Luna, I messed up. I'm human, I make mistakes and in life you have to pay for every single mistake you make... Demi isn't leaving. I want her by our side as much as you do so we really need to work together to keep her with us"

Luna nodded her head.

"Can you please forgive me, Luna?" He asked, almost begging it.

She nodded her head.

"Thank you sweetie" He brought her into his warm embrace. "I promise you I won't ever make that mistake."