~Chapter 17~

There was definitely something going on inside Wilmer’s mind. But he didn’t know what it was. All he knew was that, although he would love to let Demi in, there was something that was bothering him whenever he noticed his feelings for that gorgeous music teacher.

He turned his face around and saw her walking away.

A sigh escaped his lips as he looked up at the sky and closed his eyes.

“Chris, please help me… What the hell is wrong with me?” He whispered as some tears accumulated in his eyes.

“Daddy?”

He looked down at the little girl staring at him with her big eyes.

“Oh… Hey Luna” Wilmer cleared his throat and let his daughter sit down on his lap.

“Daddy… Do you love Demi?”

Luna’s question surprised Wilmer.

“Um… Why do you ask that, sweetheart?” He tucked one lock of her soft hair behind her little ear.

“Because I do love her, daddy” She smiled big at him.

“Oh… Do you?”

“Yes, daddy” She looked down at her bunny and at the doll Demi had given to her. “She’s really nice to me… She reminds me of mommy”

Wilmer almost choked.

“Luna! Don’t you ever say that! Nothing compares to your mother”

“I didn’t say that! Demi just reminds me of her…” Luna pouted and jumped off of her dad’s lap.

“Well, that’s not good”

Luna furrowed her eyebrows.

“Dad, you’re silly” She mumbled before turning around and running away.

Wilmer sighed and then rolled his eyes.

Luna ran and ran until she reached Demi’s room. She knocked twice.

“Luna? Sweetheart, what are you doing here?” Demi got on her knees to look into Luna’s eyes.

“I just wanted to see you, Demi” She smiled, showing her little teeth and, soon, her arms were wrapped around Demi’s neck.

Demi giggled and carried Luna into her room.

“Does your dad know you’re here?” She asked, putting her down. “No… I’m mad at dad”

“Why, baby girl?” Demi sat down on the bed and Luna crawled on her lap. “He’s silly”