~Chapter 19~

When she opened her brown eyes the next morning, she thought it was like any other day. Like nothing had happened the night before.

But once she started to be fully awake, memories invaded her mind and frustration took a place in her, making her grunt as she threw the sheets off of her and stood up.

She walked towards the bathroom like a zombie and jumped into the shower. Warm water fell upon her naked skin as she rubbed the sponge against it.

Demi wondered if Wilmer had been thinking about it… She was pretty sure he was upset and she kind of understood him.

She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body while humming a song, trying to push her thoughts away. She wanted to stop thinking about it.

“Good morning, kids!” She happily chanted while entering her classroom, being welcomed by some big smiles from her students. “Good morning, miss Demi” They all said at the same time, never loosing their smiles.

She obliged herself not to look at Luna’s seat but, eventually, couldn’t help it.

But the little girl wasn’t where she should be.

“Does anyone know where Luna is?” She asked the kids. They all shook their heads.

“No, maybe she’s sick?” Judith suggested.

“Yeah, you’re right” Demi flashed a smile towards the girl and continued with the lesson.

The rest of the day passed normally. Nothing weird happened. She didn’t see Wilmer and she appreciated that. Perhaps he was avoiding her but she really didn’t care because she thought that would be the best.

She’d had her hopes on getting closer to him because, she had to admit that she liked being by his side. Deep in his heart, he was a good person and she knew it.

But now all those hopes had faded away. All she wanted to do was finish the year to run away and never, ever see him again.

“Hey, Dem” Stephanie’s voice took her back to reality as Wilmer’s sister sat down next to her with her plate of food in her hands.

“Oh, hey Steph, how you doing?” She smiled at her as she started eating her rice.

“Well, I’m a bit stressed but I’m fine” Stephanie let out a little giggle. Demi raised one of her eyebrows at her.

“Why are you stressed if I can ask?”

“Oh, you didn’t hear the news?” Stephanie drunk some water out of her glass before licking her lips and look at the younger woman.

“No. What news?” Demi started to be really confused.

Stephanie took a deep breath.

“Wilmer left” She directly said and he words immediately shocked Demi who had to take deep breaths to fix herself.

“What? Why?”

Stephanie sighed.

“He told me you had sex with him and that he can’t stay here when you’re also here”

Demi ran her fingers through her hair and she let out a very frustrated sigh.

“I can’t with this man. So he’s blaming it all on me. I hate him so much”

Stephanie looked down.

“So it’s true?” Wilmer’s sister asked, looking at Demi who could notice fear in her eyes.

“Yeah, we were drunk and fucked but that’s not the point Stephanie! He’s acting like I was the only one who had sex! If he didn’t want to fuck me, it wouldn’t have happened!” She was now yelling and the two teachers that were also there, were now staring at her.

Demi took a deep breath to calm down and then sat on her seat again since she had stood up when she got angry.

“He’s such a dick”

“I can’t believe you guys had sex” Stephanie was shocked.

“Stephanie, we were fucking drunk. I can’t believe it neither. If I was sober, I wouldn’t have done such an idiot thing” Demi looked at the two teachers, who were still staring at her. “Guys, sorry, I didn’t wanna shout. Could you now please stop looking at us?”

“Yes, Demi, of course” One of them said.

“Okay, Demi, listen to me” Stephanie seriously said. “You’ve made a big mistake, you know that, don’t you?” Demi nodded her head in response and opened her mouth to reply but Stephanie didn’t let her.

“Wilmer said he would come back after a month or so… Maybe… And he’ll be very mad. I think he feels like he cheated on Chris even though she’s dead”

Demi looked down.

“Do you feel something for my brother, Demi?” Stephanie wanted to know.

“I don’t know Steph… Sometimes I hate him but then he turns into this very nice man and all I want to do is be by his side an… Kiss him” She could feel her cheeks turning red. This was the very first time she talked about her feelings for Wilmer.

“Oh Dear…” Stephanie placed her hand in front of her face and then rubbed her eyes.