~Chapter 31~

When Luna was fast asleep, he left his room and headed towards Demi's.

He knocked and waited a few minutes before she opened the door.

"Wilmer! Thank God you're here!" Her eyes were red and her hair was a mess.

"Demi? What happened to you?" Worry was clear in his voice.

"Wilmer I need to tell you something" Her voice was just above a whisper since she was too afraid to burst into tears.

"Um... Okay..." He didn't have to ask if it was something serious because it was pretty obvious that it was.

Without questioning her, he entered the room and sat next to her on the couch.

"Okay..." She nervously ran her fingers around her hair and took a deep breath before looking straight into his eyes. "I have problems with my mom... Because how I used to be when I was a teenager. She's really angry with me and doesn't even let me see my little sister Maddie who means everything to me" By now, tears were streaming down her face.

"Demi, calm down" He told her as she was having trouble with breathing.

"Wilmer I lied to her. I told her I was dating a guy when it's a huge lie. But I need to see my baby sister."

He looked confused.

"I know... this doesn't make sense... I told her I was dating... um... you..." Demi cleared her troath and didn't dare to look him in the eye.

"And that we were going together to Texas and that you would tell her how much I changed so I... I can see Maddie"

Her sobs were the only thing they could hear. Wilmer didn't really know how to react.

"Help me?" Her teary eyes looked at him.  "Please..."

"I don't know Demi... this is all so weird..." He cleared his throat. This was a bit of a shocker for him.

"Please Wilmer you're my only hope. I beg you"

"And what about Luna?"

"We'll say the truth... She's your daughter and I love her like she's mine too" Demi wiped the tears away.

"I don't know Demi"

"Please Wilmer. Please."

Wilmer looked away as he seemed to be thinking about it.

"Please..." She mumbled one last time.

"Why don't you ask Josh?"

"He's annoying"

"Oh right... okay, I'll do it."

When he said that, she smiled big and her arms were quickly wrapped around his neck.

"Thank you! Thank you so much, Wilmer! You're the best!" She almost screamed from excitement.

"Oh my God. Thanks" now she was crying happy tears.

"But..."

"Oh... there needed to be a 'but'. There's always a 'but'" her eyes met his and she could tell that he was amused.

"You will have to pay"

"Oh... how much?"

"No! Demi, I'm not talking about money' He laughed.

"Oh..." Demi was confused. "What do you want then?"

"I don't know yet. See you tomorrow at 7"

"Yeah, at 7. That's a good hour. Thanks."

He smiled and walked away leaving a relieved Demi behind.