~Chapter 56~

"So... How did everything go?" Laura asked Demi as soon as she saw her. Demi smiled at the older woman. Wilmer was playing with Luna not too far away from there.

"Great" Demi replied. Laura gazed at Wilmer and his daughter.

"And their relationship is improving as well" She added. Demi nodded her head. "Yes. At first Luna was like very shy and didn't want to talk to him but since she saw how close her dad and me are right now... She changed" The smile was still hanging on Demi's lips and that was a clear sign of happiness.

"I'm so glad you came here to help us" Demi said suddenly, surprising Laura. "Well it's been a pleasure." Laura replied and Demi hugged her tightly.

Laura smiled one more time.

"Go with them" The woman told Demi, pointing at Wilmer and Luna who were now laying on the grass and giggling. Demi smiled and nodded her head before heading towards them.

"Hey there, is there place for me?" She asked.

"There's always place for you, my love" Wilmer said, giving her a lovely smile.

"Yes, Demi!" Luna added so Demi lay down next to Luna.

"What are you guys doing?" She wondered.

"We were talking to my mommy. I was telling her how happy I am with you and daddy was telling her the same thing" Luna explained with a huge smile.

"Aw." Demi's heart melted at what she was hearing.

"I love you two so much" She told them.

"And we love you too, Dem" Wilmer replied while Luna nodded at his words.

Luna got closer to Demi and placed her head on Demi's chest. Demi wrapped her arms around her as Wilmer got closer to them and held Demi's hand in his.

"Let's move" Wilmer suggested all of a sudden, causing Luna and Demi to look at him.

"What?" Demi was confused.

"I wanna leave this place and start a new life somewhere else with you two ladies" He explained.

"What about the school, Wilmer?" She asked. He sighed.

"My sister can handle it. She can be a better principal and boss than I will ever be"

Demi smiled at the ground, imagining a new life next to Wilmer and little Luna. It sounded amazing but... Would it be amazing?

Automatically, she hated herself for doubting. Of course it would be amazing. There may be some difficulties but that wouldn't stop them to be happy.

"Okay" She said and they both looked at Luna.

"What do you think?" They asked her.

"I wanna!" Luna exclaimed excited.

Wilmer and Demi looked at each other, smiling.

"I love you" He mouthed at her and she replied with a gentle smile before closing her eyes and letting the soft air hit her face.

~

She had to check her period calender before starting to panic seriously.

"No... This can't be happening..." She whispered to herself as the thoughts kept building up in her mind.

"No, no, no" Without knowing what to do, she picked her phone and called her good friend Nick.

"Hey Dems, what's up?" He answered the phone like that but Demi wasn't able to act normally.

"Nick. I need you here now"

"Wow, what's going on?" He asked her.

"Dammit Nick. Come here and bring a pregnancy test. Please and hurry up, I beg you" and the phone call ended.

Nick's face was priceless as memories came back to him. He remembered exactly the last time Demi had asked him to bring her a pregnancy test. He chuckled lightly before exiting his house and heading towards the store and later to the school where Demi worked.

"Oh thank God you're here" She said as if seeing him had immediately taken away a huge weight off of her shoulders.

He smiled.

"And I brought the..."

"Shh!" She looked around her, checking if anyone was there. "Not here"

As soon as they were in Demi's room, Nick started asking questions.

"What the hell is going on?" Nick asked her, handing her the bag where the pregnancy test was.

"I don't know, Nick. I really don't know" She replied and he immediately noticed how nervous and scared his friend was acting.