~Chapter 23~

Happiness invaded her body and soul when Luna told her that Wilmer sometimes called her in dreams. She thought it was actually very cute.

Luna sighed and rested her head on Demi's chest.

"I want you to be my new mommy" She muttered. Demi smiled and noticed that the little girl was about to fall asleep so she started singing softly.

"Before I fall too fast. Kiss me quick but make it last. So I can see how badly this could hurt me when you say goodbye"

Demi kissed the top of Luna's head.

"Keep singing, Demi, I like your voice" Whispered the girl. Demi nodded her head.

"Keep it sweet, keep it slow. Let the future pass and don't let go. But tonight I could fall too soon under this beautiful moonlight."

Luna closed her eyes and smiled while she listened to Demi's sweet voice and her heart beat.

"But you're so hipnotyising,  you've got me laughing while I sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep"

Demi stroked Luna's hair.

"And I can see this unravelling. Your love is where I'm falling but please don't catch me"

When she looked down, she realized that Luna had fallen asleep and, even though she really didn't want to, she knew that she had to bring Luna back to her father.

Carefully, she placed Luna on the bed and reached for her jacket and boots.

Not much later, she found herself walking toward Wilmer's room with Luna in her arms.

She knocked once, twice...

"Oh..." Wilmer expressed after seeing his daughter in Demi's arms.

"She came to my room..." Demi slowly started talking, not daring to look into his eyes although she could feel him looking at her, trying to make eye contact.

When she handed him her daughter, their eyes met for some brief moments. Quickly, they both looked away.

"I... I should go" Demi nervously stuttered.

"Ye...yeah"

She forced a smile before turning around.

But, before she had the chance to leave and he could enter his room, Luna woke up and called her name.

"Demi! No, don't go!" She cried out.

Demi, once again, turned around and looked at Wilmer as if asking him for permission to walk up to Luna.

"Daddy, I want Demi to put me in bed" Luna said softly as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Wilmer rolled his eyes. He was too tired to fight so he noddes his head and put Luna on the floor.

"Let's go, Princess" Demi picked her up and followed Wilmer into the room.

Wilmer sat down on the couch and told Demi where Luna's room was before grabbing the vodka bottle and pouring some of the beverage in a glass.

"Thanks" Demi muttered before walking away.

"Sleep well, baby girl" Demi whispered after tucking her into bed.

"You too, Demi..."

"I love you, honey. Good night"

"Good night..." She let out a little yawn. "I love you too... Tell daddy I also love him..." Then she yawned again and fell asleep. Demi smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Done" She said as she stood behind the sofa where Wilmer was sitting.

"Good... Thanks" He said, turning around to look at her. "She wanted me to tell you that she loves you" Demi told him. He sighed.

"I... Good night, Mister Valderrama" She said and was about to leave when his voice stopped her.

"Demi, please wait"