~Chapter 57~

Nick sat down on Demi's bed while she walked nervously around the room with the test in her hands.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on or not?" He tried once again since Demi hadn't told him what was happening yet and he was getting  impatient.

"Hello?" Nick tried to get her attention but nothing seemed to get her out of her thoughts.

Like two minutes later, she finally sat down next to her friend on the bed.

"I might be pregnant" She simply said as she intertwined her sweaty fingers.

"Wilmer?" Nick asked.

Demi nodded her head.

"We are good now... That's why it scares me... What if he doesn't want to have a baby with me?"

Nick looked down. Somehow, he didn't really like the idea of Demi forgiving Wilmer. Not after what he had done to her... But if Demi was happy so was he.

"Are you sure you're pregnant?" Nick asked. Demi shook her head.

"Then that's what you should check first"

"Yeah but I'm scared" She exhaled while letting her face drop on her hands and she breathed in and out heavily trying to calm herself down.

"Come on, Demi... You need to get over it. Get into that bathroom and do what you have to do."

After saying that, Nick took her face in his hands and made her look at him.

"You're right" She muttered.

"Of course I'm right" Responded Nick.

Demi breathed in as she stood up and let the air exite her lungs while she headed towards the bathroom with the test in her hands.

She sat down on the toilet for the first five minutes before she decided it was time to get it done.

Demi closed her eyes with the test in her hands and counted to twenty before opening her eyes.

"Oh God..." She felt like her heart had stopped beating.

Positive.

The result was clear and she knew it but, she had a ray of hope and thought that maybe the test was wrong.

But when she gave Nick the test and told him what she thought, he laughed in her face.

"It could happen!" She whined in her defense. 

Again, he laughed.

"You're pregnant, Demi. Congratulations" He gave her a warm smile before bringing her into his strong and comforting embrace.

In a matter of seconds, she bursted into tears.

"Hey, hey don't cry" He pulled away kindly and placed his hands on her shoulders.

Her teary eyes connected with his.

"He's not going to be happy"

"Why not?"

"I just feel like he's not going to like this" She cried, looking down at the floor.

"That's bullshit" He told her hugged her again. "You're gonna talk to him and he will be very happy with this news. I'm almost sure about this. And if he gets mad then he still will have to real with this since he's the father"

Demi looked back at him.

"Come on. It's going to be okay." Nick wiped the tears away from her face and gave her a comforting smile. She smiled back, weakly, but smiled.

"That's it. Smile"

"I'll tell him right now" She said.

He nodded his head.

~

Demi dried her sweaty hands on her pants before knocking on his door. It was late since it had taken her a while to finally be ready to go and tell him what was going on.

"Demi. Hey" a smile popped onto his mouth as soon as he saw her standing there in front of him.

"Hey..." Demi couldn't help but look down to her feet as she nervously bit on her fingernail.

"What's up?" He talked softly since Luna was already sleeping. "Wanna come in?" He asked then.

"I need to tell you something" She quickly added.

He looked confused and then scared as he saw the way she looked and talked to him.

"Yes. Of course"

He went outside and closed the door behind him. He gently took her hand in his and, together, they went outside and sat down on a bench.

The moon was big and there were also a few stars brightening the dark night sky.

"What's going on, Dem? You're scaring me"

"Wilmer..." She took a very deep breath and looked down at their colliding hands.

"What would you think if we had a child?"

"You want to have a baby?" He asked and their eyes locked.

She did not answer.

"Demi?"

"Just answer my question first" She stated as her bottom lip trembled a bit.

"I don't know Demi. Isn't it too soon for a baby?"

"So you think it's a bad idea..."

"No I... Well... Yes" He tried to look into her eyes but she rejected it.

She stood up with tears in her eyes.

"Well I'm pregnant so..." Tears started to roll down her cheeks as Wilmer stared at her open mouthed without knowing how to react.