~Chapter 72~

Violin music started to sound around her, which surprised her at first but soon warmed her heart and the smile Wilmer was giving her only made everything even more perfect.

The violinist playing her instrument without failing any note and Wilmer smiling at Demi made the moment beyond perfect.

They had the best dinner ever while they talked, laughed and just looked into each others eyes as they forgot about real life and just cared about being by each others side.

"Where are we going now, Wilmer?" She giggled as Wilmer had her hand in hers and guided her somewhere.

"Wilmer, my feet are hurting" She said once walking on heels had became too tiring.

He stopped walking and she could guess by the sound of the waves they were near the beach.

A smile appeared on his lips before kissing hers briefly and then taking her in his arms unexpectedly.

"Wilmer!" She squealed but soon wrapped her arms around his neck and placed her head against his chest.

All she could hear for the next few moments were his breathing, the waves and his calming heart beat.

"I love you..." She whispered so low that he wasn't able to hear it but Demi didn't care, she was aware of the fact that he already knew that.

Wilmer kissed the top of her head before gently putting her down on the beach sand.

"Wow baby this is amazing..." Their eyes met and he took her hands in his.

"Demi, I..." He swallowed nervously and looked away.

"Hey babe... What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I..."

He took the strength he needed from some hidden place in his heart and finally decided to do it. He went down on his knee and just looked at her beautiful face as the full moon was shining on them.

"Oh my..." Demi could not believe what was happening and excitement was making her heart go crazy.

"Demetria Devonne Lovato... We both know that we did not start good... We hated each other and I really hate myself for being such an asshole..."

She was going to say something but he shook his head.

"But since the first time I saw you I knew you had something special although I tried to deny it to myself at the very first moment..." He sighed. "But what I know now is that I love you Demi, I love you so, so much... You came into my life and into Luna's like a ray of hope... You saved us, Dem... You reminded me what love was about and how to be happy and I will always be thankful for that. I don't know what kind of disaster my life and Luna's would be if you didn't came..."

He pulled out the tiny box and looked at it before looking back into her brown eyes which were now teary. Wilmer gently rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb and smiled.

"So... I would like to spend the rest of my life by your side... I want to grow old with you, watch our kids become adults and have grandchildren... Demi, will you marry me?"

Demi couldn't talk at the moment, she was living one of the best moments of her life and everything was so perfect she wasn't able to believe it.

"Yes Wilmer, baby of course I will marry you. I love you so much" She cried and he put the ring on her finger before she also went down on her knees and took his face in her hands to kiss his lips passionately.