Chapter 1: A Prince

A boy with golden hair and deep violet-colored eyes, age 18, sat on the royal throne of Vethela. It was solid gold, decorated with intricate carvings and jewels covering its surface. The arms of the throne were laced with only the finest violet jewels without a blemish or imperfect facet, set in with the utmost of care. The legs possessed the same purple gems, the feet bending outwards and holding up the dedicated sitting place of a king with elegance. The throne's cushion possessed a plum color, a fine fabric that comforts and soothes the soul that sits on it.

The crest sitting on the cresting rail depicted all sorts of white flowers, carved from pure and untainted marble. Among them intertwined a royal bouquet of heather, delphinium, hydrangeas, stock, and white roses that made up the royal crest. Emerald leaves poked up from them, providing life and color, vines mixed in here and there in between the white flower carvings. This was the royal seal, flowers dazzling the eyes and providing some kind of serenity.

That boy was the next to sit there, giving a smirk at the power he felt. It was hidden from him all the years he'd been alive, but at that moment, he felt it all unleashed. The power he was about to inherit from his royal bloodline was coming through and giving him an aura of elegance. And indeed, he possessed such elegance, enthralling his subjects, servants, and any other that passed him, bowing to him in respect.

"The agenda?" he asked, speaking to the man standing next to him.

"The fitting for your coronation begins at 1:00, the appointing of your royal guards will be just after 3:30, and we have meetings for you to attend from 4:00 to 6:00 with a select few nobility. After that, you have a thirty-minute break, and after that, some more meetings with nobles and influential people in the nation. You're to attend that with your parents."

The blonde male stood up and gave a confident smirk, giving a nod to his informant. Though the man was his great uncle, he was treated like a servant. As he had previously been regent, it was only right for him to give up the throne to the true heir. The man had no objection either, but he was more than a little surprised when it had been the blonde male that was on the list to inherit the throne.

"To my fitting then," the blonde smirked, making his way through the elaborate halls of the castle.

On his way to his first appointment of the day, of which there would be many more for the future king, he bathed in the luxury of his surroundings. It was only fitting for him, after all. Golden accents on the walls, expensive portraits by historical masters, and some depicting his ancestors. The castle contained all types of arts. Statues, paintings, portraits, tapestries, stained glass, even elaborate fountains, and mosaics. All of it was to please the future ruler's valuable eyes and do his utter beauty justice.

He'd made some readjustments to the castle, of course, placing a picture of his beloved grandmother in the throne room so she could watch over him and keep him company. Of course, if she were still alive, she would have rather dreaded the thought, but the blonde didn't seem to think so. It was something he would believe in even if everyone else told him it wasn't true. He wouldn't be swayed so easily by people beneath him, after all.

The servants' uniforms were also different, done by his hand. Before, they were luxurious, expensive white and purple fabrics adorning their forms perfectly with elaborate detailing in gold. They were something to be envied, something that claimed them as a superior worker capable of serving royalty or even being in their presence in the first place. The blonde didn't want the women or men, for that matter, daring to wear the same colors as him. He maintained the expensive degree of the clothing but changed the design so as to compliment his form more and that of his future queen.

Every step the male took was history that in the making, something that people would rever upon. People would be lucky if they got to look at him doing something so simple as walking. He was simply invaluable, one of the most powerful men in the world, and he was only still a teenager. Mature though he was for his age, he could also be maltempered and quick to punish another, especially those he deemed extremely below him.