Chapter 60: The Price of Knowing

"A-Apologies?" Kazuki asked, great confusion in his pleasing voice, "Are you, perhaps, a distant relative of mine?"

The unknown male chuckled without emotion again, sitting down on one of the padded seats, staring up at the shimmering night sky. His eyes then darted to the moon, and as if thinking of someone else, the male rolled his eyes dramatically. Then, remembering that the blonde was present, he gave another amused snicker, watching the younger male's perplexed expression. It was almost cute, the reaction being different than what he had expected.

"Yes, let's go with that," he finally replied, "Well, whatever are you doing, little one?"

"L-Little?"

The male huffed at the questioning statement, ultimately ignoring it altogether. It wasn't important nor was it adding to the conversation. Thus he crossed one of his legs over the other, staring down at the blonde before him. Kazuki felt as if he was peering into his soul, a strangely agonizing process. It was cold, colder than he had ever felt before, his breath visible in front of him as his muscles shivered painfully.

"Well?" the bluenette huffed, lifting an eyebrow, "What are you up to? Meddling in things you aren't supposed to know? Just like your fool of a great uncle, no doubt."

The blonde narrowed his eyes in curiosity, wondering how much the male before him knew. It appeared that he was no older than he was, perhaps a bit older than a certain ravenette, but he was clearly far more knowledgeable. Enticing though it was to the blonde to ask a few questions, he felt as if it would have cost him more than he could withstand. That being said, he simply couldn't hold back his desire to know what he did.

"I was researching," the blonde paused, averting his eyes from the other male as he spoke, "Ezdia."

A scoff escaped the other male's lips, a scowl forming on his face with the utmost of discontent. He did not appear to be a very satisfied individual, lacking a few things, starting with empathy or self-control. In fact, apathy seemed to be a trait most akin to him, even his eyes glossed over with a distant feeling. No light seemed to either enter them nor come off, the color of his pupils muted almost frighteningly.

"Yes, of course you were. Why is it everyone seems obsessed with that seductress? You would think she would fade away with histories like all the other harpies."

The way the male spoke; it was spiteful and cruel. He seemed far more invested in using slander and libel against her name. Of all the figures in their mythology, there were few beings that truly despised the nature goddess. Most everyone else had been avid followers of her or were simply awed by her powerful aura. The only reasons others would hold a powerful grudge against her was if they had been wronged by her or they were jealous of everything she possessed.

As Kazuki lowered his head in thought, there were a handful of figures that came to his mind. However, the most prominent ones he could think of were frightening and it was quite daunting that the person in front of him could have been one. That being said, it was hard to believe that the male was any kind of human, especially with his strange aura and attire. If it were a question of who hated Ezdia most, it was either the goddess of ice or -

"Do I look like a woman to you, you imbecilic dimwit?" the male snapped, his brow twitching as he huffed, "Call me whatever name you wish, but don't address me as one of your false deities."

The blonde trembled where he sat, cowering under the scrutinizing glare of the being. If he was skeptical of the male's inhuman state, there was the proof. It was horrifying to be in his presence, especially when Kazuki was more than just aware of what he was capable of. Yet it wasn't just that. No, it was what his aim was. No one in history had been quite certain, but it was unanimous there was something evil about his purpose. He had been the one that attempted to kill Ezdia, after all, coming close to it.