Chapter 9: Coronation

It was an extremely monumental day, one in which Rei would officially ascend to the throne as the new King of Vethela. It was a long time awaited, thoroughly planned, and the blonde was absolutely ecstatic about the day, walking along the corridors of the grandly decorated castle with a skip in his step. His grin never ceased to fade, beaming wide as he looked down at the castle grounds through a window.

Thousands of people entered the palace grounds in order to honor him at his coronation, some bringing gifts, others bringing great smiles. Either way, they were thrilled to see their future king in person, ready to bow to him for the first time. It didn't matter the social standing of the people entering, all were below the blonde, and the thought excited him to no end. At last, he would become who he was born to be.

As the boy returned to his chambers, ready to be dressed for his coronation outfit, he gave an adoring smile to the girl who was soon to be his queen. She was asleep on his bed, tossing and turning from the things he had done the previous day. Of course, he never laid a hand on her that was intended to harm her, but the trauma was still embedded in her mind. Still, she looked radiant to him, the male taking a lock of her hair and kissing it with a small chuckle.

He didn't wake her up, not wanting to disturb her until it was necessary. In the meantime, he was undressed by his servants, refashioned in a perfectly exquisite white uniform. It was adorned with all kinds of white gems and made with fine silks and fabrics to show the regalness of the blonde. He wore a dark purple sash from his shoulder to his hip, amethysts lines among it as well as purple diamonds and garnets. Pearls lined the exterior of the fabric, shined to perfection, greatly pleasing to the eye.

"Your majesty," a servant bowed, carrying a purple velvet pillow in their arms.

The pillow had the male's crown on it. He wasn't supposed to wear it at that moment, but the servant allowed him to examine it in case he found something wrong with it. The blonde seemed to think it was perfectly fine, dismissing the servant to rush off and deliver it to the exterior garden where the ceremony would take place. Most everyone else was already at the location, wearing their finest.

Rei observed himself in the mirror as servants did his hair, brushing it out and combing it for good measure, letting it fall into place when they were finished. Afterward, they cleaned up the male's appearance a little further, but the blonde only stared in the mirror, looking at the peaceful reflection of (Y/n). She was sleeping so serenely that it drew his eye, but he didn't know what for.

"Go and fetch my cupcake's ladies," he spoke quietly, one of the servants running off to do as he wished.

When she returned, it was with noblewomen of who were considered to be the (h/c) haired girl's ladies in waiting. They bowed to the blonde and woke up the girl resting on the bed, beginning to prepare her for the day ahead of them. She was taken into another room where she was dressed in a royal purple dress, the hue matching the blonde's sash. It appeared it was incredibly intentional, but the younger girl was too sleepy to say anything about it, only remaining quiet.

When she was finished being prepared, her hair was done up and a crown of metal flowers with light gems was placed in her hair. She was then led to Rei who waited patiently for her return. He gave a soft smile at her appearance, walking around in a circle, but he couldn't figure out which angle he liked better of her. They all seemed too good to be true, and the blonde stepped forward to wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her close and nuzzling her neck.

"I'll be king the next time I hug you," he chuckled, "Doesn't it sound just perfect?"

The younger girl didn't respond, her shaking more violent than it typically was at the male's touch. He ignored it, rolling his eyes. It wasn't as if he hurt her, he simply taught her a lesson to ensure she didn't misbehave again. He really did love her stubbornness, but it wasn't as if he could afford to let her run rampant and damage his reputation. His situation was a finicky one, one that couldn't afford to have messed up.