Chapter 31: One So Delicate

Ichiro was in the process of setting up a video call, something he'd never had the mind to do before. He wasn't the most technologically advanced despite his brother's occupation, and he wasn't fond of many new devices. The world had been progressing quickly, an ingenious and young inventor coming up with things that people once thought only science fiction. That being said, the bluenette wasn't even able to use a phone without being confused. He didn't really need it all that often.

He was a bit torn up over staying in the hotel when Kazuki called him to say that he would be staying at the castle with Rei. Although the blonde couldn't be convinced to come to the hotel, it didn't mean the bluenette had to be lonely. In fact, he had been trying to call (Y/n), wanting to see what she'd been up to. She had been all alone at the penthouse, after all. Although it seemed cruel, he greatly wished for her to be lonely.

Ichiro dialed up the phone that Kazuki had given the younger girl, greatly anticipating seeing her. He bounced on the bed with a chuckle as the dial tone came on, and watched as a bird flocked to the windowsill of the hotel. He opened the window so the bird could come in, tearing up a piece of bread to feed it. It was then that the younger girl picked up the phone, her voice coming through the device.

"Hi, (Y/n)!" he chuckled excitedly, rubbing the back of his head, "Are you doing okay? You have enough food, right?"

"Yes, you went on a shopping spree, don't you remember?" the younger girl chuckled, "The pantry and refrigerator are fully stocked and you left me two hundred dollars if I wanted to eat out."

"Well, you can never be too careful! Hey, do you know how the hologram feature works? I wanna see you."

The younger girl gave instructions on how to work the device, but she wasn't too in the know about it either. Rei hadn't let her near many electronics, and she certainly hadn't been aboard the whole technology revolution that a certain Akahito sparked. That being said, as the bluenette worked with the phone, he watched as the spitting image of (Y/n) appeared in the room. There was no resemblance to any form of foreseeable technology, just a (h/c) haired girl in the room with a fascinated expression.

"Wow! It's like you're really here with me," the bluenette blushed, reaching out to see his hand pass right through her, "Oh..."

The technology was truly something, allowing the male to see a person that was thousands of miles away like they were truly there. However, the fact that he was not able to touch her made it less than satisfactory in his eyes. Still, at the very least, he was able to see her and her smiling face. He even saw Chariot as he bounced along the floor and Mona as she swished her tail, giving a purr.

"Hey guys!" the bluenette chuckled, leaning down as his cat tried to brush her fur against him then proceeded to be frustrated when she couldn't feel him, meowing loudly, "I'm sorry, Mona. I'll be back soon."

"They're getting pretty worked up without you," the younger girl smiled, "They must really love you."

"Oh, I hired a housekeeper to come in and do some chores and feed my pets. They haven't disturbed you, have they? I told them not to bother you."

"I didn't even know someone was in the penthouse. To be honest, I'm kind of lonely here. W-When do you think you'll come back?"

Ichiro resisted the urge to jump around the room, knowing that the (h/c) haired girl could see him too if she so chose. However, a bubbly feeling surged through his body at the sound of her words. It wasn't necessarily a good thing, but the moment he returned home, he hoped she would cling to him. He greatly craved the feeling of her touch, wondering if she would cuddle up to him. His cheeks flared pink.