Chapter 53: Infighting

Kazuki was graced by the sound of the (h/c) haired girl's singing, his body relaxing at the mere sound of it. Indeed, she was like a muse, her words and the tone in her voice prompting utter reverence from him. Untrained though she was, she had a natural talent that surpassed constant practice. It seemed it was another connection to his family line that the blonde couldn't ignore. If not just Rei and himself, there was also their mother, aunt, grandmother, great grandfather, etc. The royal family almost always had an angelic voice apt for singing.

As he stared at her, his mind didn't stray away from seeing the similarities in his bloodline. They were all too familiar to him, and it would explain the odd sense of understanding that both him and his brothers felt around her. Truth be told, he didn't know how to figure the puzzle piece out or how to even start with the few pieces he had. There was nothing that outright connected her to his family, and the fact he needed to bring it up to her prompted his mind to spin constantly.

He moved his hand without any indication of what to do. His heart took the reins on his movements, his pink cheeks pushing him to make any kind of contact with her he could. Thus, he let his fingers comb through her (h/c) locks of hair. Again, his mind wandered while his heart took action. It might have been true that only the royal family ever had a chance of possessing a silvery blue color, but was it possible she had it as well?

"I...realize this may be insensitive, but," the male paused, feeling almost lonely when the younger girl stopped singing, "is your hair dyed?"

"Huh? No. My hair is the same natural (h/c) color it's always been. Do you want me to dye my hair?"

"No, no, no," the male denied, shaking his head and hands furiously while chuckling nervously, "I like you as is, believe me."

Kazuki let out a sigh of relief. He didn't want the younger girl to even be distantly related to him. The idea of being romantically and otherwise interested in a family member in such a way made him want to throw up. However, it was clear that he needed to continue searching for more pieces to the puzzle to make his love for the younger girl perfectly acceptable. It wouldn't be just for him but for the eyes of the public. If anyone ever found out about any of the few puzzle pieces he found, he would lose it. It would be humiliating, but more so, it would be a chance for someone to tear them apart, and he couldn't have that.

The male watched as the younger girl stared down at the piano they were seated at. He had taught her a few keys, though she struggled in moving her fourth finger without moving her pinky. She was persistent in attempting to learn, however, and he found it precious. Her resilience was another beautiful trait about her, something that only made him blush more in her presence.

They only had a bit of time together. It made sense considering she was being brought forward to the public as the soon-to-be queen consort. She had to learn etiquette and how to address the public, even learn how to eat. Kazuki had not missed being drilled on these things and held to them to a strict tee. He somewhat pitied (Y/n) for having to be something she clearly wasn't. The blonde would rather have her pampered without any expectations required of her. The thought made him sigh happily.

Still, when they were ripped apart, his heart went along with her. The maids took her away to meet with Rei shortly about something or other. Supposedly he had been in a foul mood, something that prompted Kazuki to roll his eyes. It was always that way. The younger male wanted things when he wanted them and no later, and everyone else catered to it with worried smiles on their faces.

Nonetheless, it did give the older male the opportunity to seek out his great uncle. The older man must have been the most knowledgeable about the goings-on with the castle and their family line. He had always been one to seek out danger and secrets, earning much more than anyone else. Perhaps he could also elaborate on who that person was that harshly warned Kazuki about the dangers in those secrets in addition to (Y/n)'s strange connection to their family. There was clearly something deeper lurking within all parties involved.