Chapter 43: Come To The Ocean's Door

It was perhaps around early morning when (Y/n) woke up, feeling uneasy about the atmosphere of the penthouse. Ichiro was chipper and went to bed as soon as they came home, wiped out from the day. She found it entirely too cute how he fell asleep with her sitting on his bed like a child that needed someone in the room with them or a night light to fall asleep. His hand was holding hers tightly as he drifted off, a satisfied grin on his face.

However, in the morning, the younger girl felt strange about the absence of the blonde. The last time she had seen him was two days prior and hadn't heard from him since. Thus, since she was already up early in the morning, and knew that the older male tended to be an early bird, she ventured into his study. She was surprised to find he was gone, especially because the male, in particular, spent most of his day working and looking over emails, taking calls, and whatever else.

Without a clue about where he might have gone, the younger girl stood in front of his door. She had hoped that he was already up so she wouldn't disturb him from his much-needed sleep, but she knocked on the door regardless. Her antsy flitting about made her anxious, especially about his well-being. This was especially true as he was brothers with both Ichiro and Rei; two males that needed attention to essentially function.

As her knuckles rasped the wood, she heard a stumble in the room, prompting an expression of surprise to cross her nervous face. Not too long after, the door opened, revealing the blonde with a disheveled shirt and hair. He looked as if he had been to a party, but his spirits certainly weren't up. Kazuki appeared more or less concerned, but about what, the younger girl had little clue.

"Sorry, I'm just getting ready for work. I've overslept," the blonde stated hurriedly, packing some things into his bag, "C-Can I help you?"

The younger girl felt guilt for the state the male was in. Though she didn't particularly know of his desires or needs in life, the amount of stress he appeared to be in wore on his conscience. For no reason in particular that she could think of during that time, (Y/n)'s mouth had a will of its own, stating something that neither of them expected.

"Would you mind if I came with you today?" she asked, tilting her head curiously.

"It's a very boring place, and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give you proper accommodations or entertainment," the male responded, focused on placing on his suit's jacket, "I would suggest staying here with Ichiro. He is bound to enjoy your company, and you needn't be bored."

The younger girl couldn't come up with a logical reason why she should have gone with the older male. Sure, he was in a state of mind she didn't recognize, but it wasn't as if accompanying him would change it. In fact, it might have made it worse. And yet, she was determined to go. Her mind and her heart were in two different places at once, making it hard for her to speak or formulate a reasonable opinion on why she should go. The only thing that exited her mouth was almost infant-like.

"P-Please?"

Kazuki paused. He let the tie he was placing around his neck fall over his shoulders, his hair hanging down from his head like when he was in high school. His mind was somewhere between (Y/n)'s state of mind and Rei's though he was reveling in his own kind of pity and somberness than his younger brother. And despite that, much in the same way that the younger girl had done, he mindlessly nodded, feeling no reason to deny her on the basis of his slight bias.

As the male affirmed her desire to join him, the younger girl dressed herself quickly and scampered out to the kitchen when she was finished. The blonde was already making himself a simple meal. It was a piece of toast and a green apple, nothing fancy. Following his lead, she picked up a peach and followed after him like a duckling after its mother. He didn't mind it too much. It was rather cute.