Chapter 63: Dark Aura

Another day had passed, and Rei was exhausted. He had woken up with relief at the sight of the younger girl by his side but didn't get the luxury of spending the day with her. There were many important things to decide and too much to do. However, he was determined to work as hard as he possibly could in order to spend the next day with her. He couldn't let his brothers taint her more than they already had.

The servants dressed him as they typically did, being careful not to press a button of his and send him into a flying rage. They liked him peaceful as he was from the previous day, hoping they could perhaps prolong the amount of time he spent as such. When they finished, they bowed lowly to the male before them, careful not to look in his eyes to upset him. Rather, they scurried out of the room or remained in order to watch over the younger girl in his stead.

Outside his room, the blonde took a look over his shoulder at (Y/n). It filled some part of him with pride to see her sleeping so soundly. However, the majority of him was doused in negativity at the sight. It wasn't that he wanted her to be safe without him. He did. The blonde just didn't want her to be in another's arms with that same serene expression, and he just knew that someone was going to disturb her. It only spurred him to focus himself for the day, shaking his head and letting out a deep sigh, his narrowed eyes darting over to his scheduler.

"Good morning, your royal majesty," the man bowed, "Your mother has taken over the responsibility for Sir Mica's funeral. However, if you wish to throw in your wishes for the event, we can make room during lunch. In any case, the first thing on the agenda is the meetings with the architects for the shrine to Ezdia in Aspendale. Then there will be interviews for the lead designer as well as overseers. Cadmus will not be attending as the head of the sect, but he has sent another in his place to perform his duties. During your afternoon, there will be a considerable time for paperwork to finish, and the last matter of the day is a small meeting with the nobles that best support you. They have an urgent matter to bring up with you."

"When do you estimate I'll be able to finish?"

"If all goes well, around seven tonight, your majesty. The chefs have already prepared your breakfast. It will be sent to your study immediately."

"Right," the blonde sighed.

. . .

When the younger girl woke up, she found she was surrounded by both of the older males. The bluenette was in a heated argument with his brother, snapping at him while holding onto her hand almost possessively. There was no indication of how long they had been at it, only that the sun was prominently risen in the sky. It must have been somewhere around nine in the morning, and she knew for certain Kazuki tended to rise earlier than most others. She formulated he was most likely the one who entered the room first.

"I'm telling you, I'm not sharing!" the bluenette growled, his eyes narrowed at the other male in hostility.

"I didn't ask you to share! It's only fair I get the day with her. You and Rei have been hogging her!"

"It's not my fault you'd rather have your nose in a book than your lips on her neck!"

The (h/c) haired girl's face lit up bright pink, the bridge across her nose peppered with the salmon-like tint of embarrassment. For whatever reason, the younger male had been acting more and more severe over the past few days. Whether that was becoming more possessive or more sharp-tongued, he nonetheless continued to surprise everyone around him. That being said, it didn't necessarily mean it was done in a good way.

"Perhaps if you had some manners of your own, you wouldn't think such thoughts!"

"Oh," the younger male hummed, his livid expression turning to one of almost nothingness, "My bad. You're always thinking of the small things in life like the smallest splits of the stream or the tuft of a willow tree's branches. Give it a break, Zuki! You're not any better than I am!"