Chapter 71: Test Results

Kazuki had been called to the special infirmary for a word with Rei. While he didn't understand the basis of their meeting, he figured it had something to do with (Y/n). That being said, if that was the case, he didn't know why Ichiro was invited as well. Perhaps the younger male didn't view the bluenette as a threat, but that was unlikely. After all, Rei had always been overprotective about anything he loved, never letting anyone near it regardless of who they were.

He had always been like that. When they were given toys or clothes, he refused to share, and the moment he couldn't find them, he went on a rampage, blaming people for stealing them. The blonde wouldn't rest until he got them back, and it appeared that attitude had followed him from his childhood to his newly started adulthood. A young man as it were, one could never tell if he was going to be mature or childish, but perhaps that was the charm he possessed. It certainly never made things boring.

The older male opened the doors to the special infirmary, surprised that there were no guards or servants. Rather, there was only the head royal doctor holding an ominous appearing clipboard that seemed to promise bad things. Taking in a deep breath, the male directed his gaze to the empty vat in the center of the room. More memories came back from the sight, but they were not necessarily good ones.

Orion was often very sick, unable to fight off disease or physical injuries. It was a relief that he didn't have hemophilia, but he seemed to be inflicted with worse things. The orange-haired boy had been susceptible to unheard-of things. Scientists all around the world wanted to get a hold of him, but as a prime member of the royal family, it was prohibited to take him off of the castle grounds. As such, they recruited promising members of the medical boards across the world to look at him, but few were kept on as royal doctors.

For fear of her sons inflicting the same thing their cousin had, the brothers' mother had the doctors look at them as well. There were all sorts of tests from a select group of doctors that were let on about the family's blessing and curse. It was hardly an exact art, so the males had to do strange things. The most common thing was taking pills with special beverages to go along with them, but they were also placed in milk and herbal baths where the doctors monitored their hearts. Clearly, they didn't find what their cousin possessed, but nothing was as it seemed.

Nonetheless, the countless amount of hours they spent in the special infirmary made the boys avoid the area. They loathed it with all of their being because being there meant blood was going to be drawn, shocks were going to be sent through their body, and even more. Kazuki couldn't help but shiver when he had received word Rei wanted to meet him there. It was even more frightening that he heard (Y/n) had tests done as well. He couldn't have imagined he would put her in that pain but considering his theories about her, it might have been for the best.

"I'd like to make this quick," the younger male sighed, a serious look in his eyes, "I have a free day tomorrow and I'd like to have my energy up so I can spend it with my cupcake."

"Why don't I join you?"

"Shut it," Rei snapped, "You two have been stealing her from me and I'm done playing nice with you. I saw her first, I loved her first, I had her first!"

"Yes," the older male agreed, placing one of his hands on his hip and looking to the side dismissively, "past tense. She's bored of you and scared of you, and if I were to believe the servant's idle chatter, she rejected your last proposal. I can clearly offer her more."

The younger male seethed in absolute anger. He couldn't believe that after everything he had done to secure his and her future, anyone could come along and try to steal her. Becoming king had done nothing to preserve her for himself, and even the prospect of marrying her didn't deter either of his brothers. Then again, she had blown him off and said she was uncertain who she truly loved.