Chapter 15: Bring Your Captive To Work Day

It had been a while since (Y/n) had been able to recover from whatever she was ailing from. It was likely some kind of mild illness, and with Kazuki's care, she was able to get over it quickly. Although the blonde in question couldn't have stayed home from work in order to tend to her, he gave Ichiro a long set of instructions for caring for her. The bluenette did his best, that much was true, but he was unable to have the same level of understanding his older brother had, not that the younger girl didn't appreciate it.

It was early in the morning when Kazuki woke up, getting ready for the day as per usual. After he had showered and dressed, he left him room to find the (h/c) haired girl cooking in the kitchen. He had found it odd considering he would have still expected her to be recovering from her illness, but the smell of the food was enough to make him forget about it. Instead, he placed his computer in his work bag, looking over some papers.

"Is that french toast, perhaps?" the blonde asked, earning a nod from the younger girl, "Smells a lot better than my cooking."

The younger girl used a spatula to place two pieces of french toast on a plate. She carried it to the table, her other hand holding a bottle of maple syrup. As she placed it down in front of Kazuki, he paused, attempting to process the situation. When she handed him a fork, he gave a thoroughly puzzled expression, tilting his head with his mouth slightly open. Seeing this, (Y/n) shoved a piece of the food in the boy's mouth, prompting him to flinch.

It took him a while before he began to start chewing it at which point the younger girl had returned to the stove, making more french toast. He felt his cheeks heat up at the taste, and though he wouldn't typically waste any time with breakfast, he sat down to enjoy the meal. It reminded him of his beloved home, the taste and flavor exactly as Rei would have made it. Suddenly the male wasn't so homesick anymore.

"I don't know what I've done to warrant this," he commented, speaking quietly, "This is very kind of you. Thank you."

The girl just nodded in return, finishing off the rest of the materials she had. When she had completed making the last batch, Ichiro came stalking into the room. He moved slowly, his eyes narrowed as if he was trying to avoid being noticed. It wasn't working as he was incredibly obvious, his entrance dramatic. The bluenette sniffed the air multiple times before he saw Kazuki had french toast. At that point, he began to sprint in place, throwing his hands in the air with delight before the blonde ruined it for him.

"You have a shoot today," he reminded him, "You're not supposed to eat anything like this remember?"

"B-But it looks so good," Ichiro said, trembling in despair, "Just one bite wouldn't hurt. I didn't eat any dessert yesterday."

"You had pocky."

The bluenette began to crumple to the floor, about to bawl his eyes out when he learned he couldn't have any of the treat. However, the younger girl began scribbling on a piece of paper, holding it up in front of him. "There'll be some leftover for you later," it said. Such a thing filled the male with hope until once again his brother reminded him of his responsibilities, sending the younger male into a panic.

"You're supposed to meet your manager at the bottom floor in 3 minutes."

Ichiro felt shivers go up his spine as he knew what that meant for him. The male all but sprinted into his room as he threw on clothes and combed his hair as quickly as possible. Kazuki simply had a simper grin on his face at his brother's incompetence. The bluenette might have been the second oldest, but it definitely didn't show in his maturity level. The blonde attempted to help him remember his responsibilities, but they always slipped his mind. Still, he couldn't baby the male forever.