Ichiro's Ending: Regicide

The bluenette was seated in a last-minute meeting with the nobles that backed up his claim to the throne. The act of taking the crown for himself would not be as easy as some believed. The first thing he had to do was prove to the nation that he was not illegitimate as his mother claimed, and the quickest way to achieve such a result was to go directly to the source. Before confronting Rei, he needed to ensure risking inciting a rebellion was worth it. At least on that one important front.

It was his first time speaking to his mother since he had arrived at the castle. It wasn't near out of the ordinary for him to be ignored by the woman. It had been the norm ever since he was born, overshadowed by Kazuki and then, later along the line, Rei. They weren't on speaking terms, neither wanting to admit the other so much as existed. Feelings of hate weren't necessarily what they harbored for the other, but it certainly wasn't amicable.

Finding his way into his mother's room, he found that she was speaking with older noble ladies. For what reason, he didn't know, nor did he care. His mother had never called on him to brag about to her friends. Thus, those looks on their faces with bewilderment for who he was were insulting. If Rei had come into the room, they would have told him how handsome he had gotten or how mature he was. The comparisons never failed to put the bluenette in a mood that was either foul or astoundingly disappointed in himself.

"Kazuki was in his room the last I saw him. He should likely still be there. Hurry on your way," the woman hummed in between sips of her tea, addressing him as if he were a servant.

"I wanted to talk with you, not him, mother."

The blonde woman gave a sigh, placing down her cup of tea and rolling her eyes. Looking at the bluenette from the corner of his eye, she hummed as if encouraging him to go on. However, for however much she allowed him to talk, it seemed as though she would rather do anything but. The male glared at the nobles in the room, all but threatening them silently to leave before things escalated and they got caught up in it.

"Well? What is it? I don't have all day."

"I want you to take back your statement that I'm illegitimate."

The male's mother gave a haughty laugh, chuckling at the request she was posed. It seemed completely pointless at that point in time. The damage had been done, and her saying that it was false most likely wouldn't do anything much. The only reason he would request such a thing in a way that could truly benefit him was so he had the opportunity to become king. However, her allowing him to have the chance was minimal at best.

"You are not fit to rule. I will not be taking back my statement."

The blunette furrowed his brows, infuriated by his mother's absurd need to cling to her youngest child's power. Whether it was because she truly loved and wanted the best for him or she held onto it for the sheer satisfaction of having the throne in some sick way, he wouldn't have it. She had always disappointed him, quickly growing distant in his heart. Even if he wanted her to acknowledge him, it was clear she didn't want anything to do with him. She hated him, and that was a fact.

"Then I will make you."

The male grabbed his mother by her hair, ignoring her protests. She didn't deserve any mercy. All she needed to do was give in and he and (Y/n) would have been safe from Rei and anyone else for that matter. It needed to be done. Holding back nothing, the blunette's eyes went dark again, void of any light whatsoever. Ichiro took her where he had never wanted to go again, but strangely enough, it was still calling to him.

. . .

(Y/n) was extremely nervous, even shaking at the pressure that she felt. In just a few moments, she would go out on stage where numerous - no, countless - people were waiting. It was hardly her idea of fun, terrified of being near so many people. They were all shouting in joy and waiting eagerly to see not only a member of the royal family but the beauty that he created. It had been too long since he had released one of his designs, and everyone was lining up around the block to see them.