Chapter 51: Noble Affairs

"My lady," a guard bowed, directing his statement to the (h/c) haired girl, "I apologize for the interruption, but please allow me to escort you to your dressing. His highness is expecting you."

The younger girl gave a concerned look, shying away from the soldier. However, she hugged her parents goodbye and followed after the guard, the others tagging along with her. She was very unnerved by their presence, especially with her wariness of other people, but she would rather not be torn apart from what she loved again.

As she was escorted back into the castle, she was then shown to a fitting room where she saw a large ball gown waiting for her. The guards bowed, standing just outside the room, but as per Rei's orders, a handful of female soldiers continued to accompany the younger girl. She was undressed by the maids, prompting her embarrassment to take over and prompt her to put her arms around her chest.

The maids reassured her that no men would be looking, especially because they would incur the blonde's wrath. They then placed an elegant set of underwear on her - a lacey white bra and underwear that were comfortable and form-fitting. She was then placed into the ballgown, flowing off of her form and highlighting her waist and chest. The back of the dress was a corset-like lacing that the maids took care of, ensuring her that it would not be too tight or too loose.

Turning their attention to the girl's hair, she was seated down and had her hair braided and pinned at the back of her head. White flowers were woven in her locks, medium and small as the other maids worked on placing diamond accessories on her neck, laced and bowed stockings, and elegant high heels coated with rare translucent gems. They then placed lace gloves on her that reached her biceps and slid on a diamond ring on her finger.

As they escorted her to the mirror, she saw the stunning combination of the white ensemble. The dress resembled a lily, its layers being translucent and then drastically lowered into a pure winter white. A white silk shawl was lowered onto her arms, the last step before the tiara. When the diamond crown was placed into her hair along with the flowers from Ezdia's forest, she appeared no less royal than Rei's mother, her elegance astounding and radiating off of her like a goddess.

"His highness is sure to love it," the maids celebrated, clapping their hands together, "We must show him right away!"

"Yes, my lady, please follow me."

The younger girl gave an embarrassed blush, picking up the front of her dress to get used to the idea of walking on such high heels. It wasn't often that she got dressed up, especially not before she had ever met Rei. Since then, she found he largely preferred her in elegant and flowing dresses that highlighted her natural beauty. He also enjoyed large amounts of expensive jewelry on her and rare flowers, but it was mainly due to his pride. Still, she had never gotten completely used to it all.

She trembled as she walked through the halls, people stopping to stare at her with awe in their eyes. Many began to whisper about her, unaware of who she was or her significance to the royal castle. Some even began to bow to her as if they believed she was some foreign noble or royalty. It was overwhelming for her, especially being trailed by many of the royal guards Rei had assigned to her.

Gossip had even started spreading about her role in the royal court, some people stating she must have been brought to be married to someone powerful. It wasn't particularly wrong, but she wasn't as elusive or rare as they made her out to be. Still, the guards instilled a policy where no one was able to remain in her general vicinity, prompting people to believe she was a powerful individual. Then again, the object of desire for a revered king was even higher up on the food chain than the royal themself.

Eventually, the (h/c) haired girl was escorted to the blonde. He was facing some nobles, dressed in spotless white. The male had a sash of violet across his chest and his stunningly expensive crown decorated with jewels and gold all across his body. He truly radiated the aura of a king, his dominating and respectful figure prompting the younger girl to blush and look away. It wasn't as if she was on the same level as he was. Rei was born into power, raised to lead, and inspired countless subjects under his lead.